ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

5am start:ESA what?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: 5am start:ESA what?

Post by fishtank »

POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:
patio1 wrote:what is esa 1 please cos i start at 4.30 . should i be getting more than the delivery supplement of 20.60?

an honest and simple answer would be nice PLEASE
Big Daz wrote:ESA 1 is 0401 to 0500

ESA 2 is 0501 to 0530

The Dawn shift Is 2AM to 4AM
So....No you wont get any more.
So 5am starts will get nothing?
Yep....Nothing,Nada,Nil, or the square root of feck all.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: 5am start:ESA what?

Post by POSTMAN »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
fishtank wrote:
patio1 wrote:what is esa 1 please cos i start at 4.30 . should i be getting more than the delivery supplement of 20.60?

an honest and simple answer would be nice PLEASE
Big Daz wrote:ESA 1 is 0401 to 0500

ESA 2 is 0501 to 0530

The Dawn shift Is 2AM to 4AM
So....No you wont get any more.
So 5am starts will get nothing?
Yep....Nothing,Nada,Nil, or the square root of feck all.
Cheers fish,i'll pass it on.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
bidders45
Posts: 8
Joined: 11 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: 5am start:ESA what?

Post by bidders45 »

s**t job :cry .
smarterdarter
Posts: 269
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
Location: Location: Location:

Re: 5am start:ESA what?

Post by smarterdarter »

bidders45 wrote:s**t job :cry .
WOW!!! your first post :Applause sums up a million words on here :Very Happy
nebushi
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 Jul 2010, 14:11
Gender: Male

Re: 5am start:ESA what?

Post by nebushi »

dvbuk55 wrote:
horris wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
horris wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
horris wrote:I was getting ( up until today) £23.55 pay protection for when I started at 4am but I got my payslip today only to find out I'd lost this allowance. I thought that the £12 and £6 allowances were going but not the 4am allowance. Does anyone know anymore about this? My union rep was under the impression that the 4am allowance was staying.
Mine did, which is correct according to the oracle,I think I'll get it spent before they ask for it back. :shock:
So I and others in my office should still be getting the £23.55 allowance?
I'd certainly give payroll a ring tomorrow and check, apparently they were having difficulty in identifying some staff functions and you may have slipped through the net.
I gave them a call today and they told me that ALL grandfather rights had gone because of the new pay deal
Not true - check again tomorrow. Dawn shift allowance was NOT part of the agreement and you should still be getting it. Only ESA 1 and ESA 2 were incorporated into the delivery supplement.
There is about 70 of us trying to get the Dawn shift allowance back in my office. 94.20 DOWN AT THE MOMENT. 4 weeks worth, This needs SORTING ASAP.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: 5am start:ESA what?

Post by dvbuk55 »

You just prompted me to open last weeks pay slip - the dawn shift allowance is still there, pro-rata of course - and according to Dingo there is no agreement for the DSA to be included just ESA 1 & 2........