ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pulled by IB ? ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by maisymoo04 »

and mines usin a computer fishtank :dance
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the area :nervous If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint :wink: ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

maisymoo04 wrote:funny arse
:Very Happy Thankyou :Very Happy
You're more likely to get responses if the post is concise and easy to read.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the area :nervous If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint :wink: ).
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon. :Very Happy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the area :nervous If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint :wink: ).
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon. :Very Happy
My front garden :wink:
Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the area :nervous If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint :wink: ).
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon. :Very Happy
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are fired upon.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the area :nervous If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint :wink: ).
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon. :Very Happy
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are fired upon.
That's your own fault for having an orange bike on the Falls Road :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by plainpat »

POSTMAN wrote:
jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.

Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at. :wink:
When the rule was brought in that said you must carry the mail in the back of the van we were told that you were allowed to have the current bundle you were working from with you in the front.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

DGP1 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars. :shock: So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not. :Very Happy Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement. :crazy:
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the area :nervous If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint :wink: ).
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon. :Very Happy
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are fired upon.
No, I meant frowned on. :shock: I live some distance from NI. :Very Happy

That's your own fault for having an orange bike on the Falls Road :nervous
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by POSTMAN »

plainpat wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.

Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at. :wink:
When the rule was brought in that said you must carry the mail in the back of the van we were told that you were allowed to have the current bundle you were working from with you in the front.
I'm sure that has changed,no current bundle/packet should be in the front.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by andy2007 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
brandydoguk wrote:One day last year I was dead wealking to my next drop when some guy came up to me and showed me some official looking badge/I D card and said he was with "Royal Mail security". He then said he needed to check inside my bag.
Since I've never been shown an official I.B. card/badge or whatever they have I had no clue if he was genuine so I told him to F**K OFF and went on my way. Never got any come-back over it but I do wonder if he was really IB.

You did right. They cant ask to look into your bag , so you did right whether they were IB or not.
Also, if you're stopped by someone claiming to be from IB. Just phone up to check the ID. There's a number on our ID badges for checking RM IDs. Otherwise, just refuse to co-operate.

Personally, I haven't needed to do this yet. Because I already know what their ID badges look like (they do periodic security checks on the building), and they haven't asked me to do/say anything that could compromise security. But if they did, and I didn't recognise him/her, then I would phone up to check their ID.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Thorby Bislam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 495
Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
Gender: Male
Location: Desolation Row

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by Thorby Bislam »

How are you supposed to know that they're IB ? Unless you're JCL who's seen them that many times he probably get's invited to their christmas party, they could be anybody. How do you know the ID card they flash is genuine ? Anybody with a computer, a printer and a laminate kit could knock up a convincing looking ID card.

Can you tell them that you're not going to talk to anybody while you're out working and if they want to see you, to make an appointment via your DOM ?
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by plainpat »

POSTMAN wrote:
plainpat wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.

Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at. :wink:
When the rule was brought in that said you must carry the mail in the back of the van we were told that you were allowed to have the current bundle you were working from with you in the front.
I'm sure that has changed,no current bundle/packet should be in the front.
Fair do's - it is 20 odd months since I left RM :Very Happy
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pulled by IB ? ?

Post by DGP1 »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:The answer btw is that you dont have to tell them anything, but it may make you look slightly dodgy. I always told by reps at my old office that when managers threatened to follow me to see what time im done etc, when I see them in their cars , to ring the police and say I was being followed. So I did it once, didnt go down too well and I was a marked man ever after. It appears the residual spirit from that exorcism has followed me to my new office. Caught 1 manager a few years ago, parked on a driveway on my round, peeping at me through his car seats :left:

Ive told them all, you cant hang a man with a rubber neck, but by god they keep trying god bless them :Very Happy

You could try that angle with the IB, though I wouldnt recommend it personally :dance
It's been done in my office, the police called for 'suspicious' people in a car - only over here they would react slightly differently, guns drawn and shouting :chuckle .
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio