Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pulled by IB ? ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
and mines usin a computer fishtank 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the areaLounge Lizard wrote:Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not.
Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
maisymoo04 wrote:funny arse
You're more likely to get responses if the post is concise and easy to read.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon.DGP1 wrote:No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the areaLounge Lizard wrote:Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not.
Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement.
If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint
).
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
My front gardenLounge Lizard wrote:I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon.DGP1 wrote:No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the areaLounge Lizard wrote:Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not.
Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement.
If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint
).

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are fired upon.Lounge Lizard wrote:I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon.DGP1 wrote:No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the areaLounge Lizard wrote:Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not.
Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement.
If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint
).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
That's your own fault for having an orange bike on the Falls RoadTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are fired upon.Lounge Lizard wrote:I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon.DGP1 wrote:No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the areaLounge Lizard wrote:Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not.
Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement.
If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint
).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
plainpat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 410
- Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
When the rule was brought in that said you must carry the mail in the back of the van we were told that you were allowed to have the current bundle you were working from with you in the front.POSTMAN wrote:Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
DGP1 wrote:No, I meant frowned on.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are fired upon.Lounge Lizard wrote:I live in such an exclusive area that bicycles are frowned upon.DGP1 wrote:No chance of me taking a van home, I live in an exclusive area that frowns upon vans in the areaLounge Lizard wrote:Royal Mail are buying tens of thousands of vans that they've not got parking spaces for, and when they've got them there certainly won't be parking spaces for our cars.DGP1 wrote:Why would you want to take a van home?? Anyway, the PDAs will always need to be returned to the office to charge up and download/upload for the next day so you should always return to office.So we shall have to take the vans home at nght whether we like it or not.
Yes, Company Cars of a sort at long last, i just knew there had to be something good in this agreement.
If it comes to it I'll just take my car off the road and switch to my bike (exercise, no hassle about parking spaces, saving a fortune on tax, insurace and petrol and reducing my carbon footprint
).
I live some distance from NI.
![]()
That's your own fault for having an orange bike on the Falls Road
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
I'm sure that has changed,no current bundle/packet should be in the front.plainpat wrote:When the rule was brought in that said you must carry the mail in the back of the van we were told that you were allowed to have the current bundle you were working from with you in the front.POSTMAN wrote:Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Also, if you're stopped by someone claiming to be from IB. Just phone up to check the ID. There's a number on our ID badges for checking RM IDs. Otherwise, just refuse to co-operate.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:brandydoguk wrote:One day last year I was dead wealking to my next drop when some guy came up to me and showed me some official looking badge/I D card and said he was with "Royal Mail security". He then said he needed to check inside my bag.
Since I've never been shown an official I.B. card/badge or whatever they have I had no clue if he was genuine so I told him to F**K OFF and went on my way. Never got any come-back over it but I do wonder if he was really IB.
You did right. They cant ask to look into your bag , so you did right whether they were IB or not.
Personally, I haven't needed to do this yet. Because I already know what their ID badges look like (they do periodic security checks on the building), and they haven't asked me to do/say anything that could compromise security. But if they did, and I didn't recognise him/her, then I would phone up to check their ID.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
How are you supposed to know that they're IB ? Unless you're JCL who's seen them that many times he probably get's invited to their christmas party, they could be anybody. How do you know the ID card they flash is genuine ? Anybody with a computer, a printer and a laminate kit could knock up a convincing looking ID card.
Can you tell them that you're not going to talk to anybody while you're out working and if they want to see you, to make an appointment via your DOM ?
Can you tell them that you're not going to talk to anybody while you're out working and if they want to see you, to make an appointment via your DOM ?
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
plainpat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 410
- Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Fair do's - it is 20 odd months since I left RMPOSTMAN wrote:I'm sure that has changed,no current bundle/packet should be in the front.plainpat wrote:When the rule was brought in that said you must carry the mail in the back of the van we were told that you were allowed to have the current bundle you were working from with you in the front.POSTMAN wrote:Nothing should be in the front of the van end off.jaylime wrote:Can anyone tell me what the rules are on a rural.We are in and out of our vans every two mins,if we had to go in the back everytime we would be out till midnight.Surely common sense must prevail in this situation.
Common sense would tell you if you done the job properly you would not be able to get pulled by the IB and you would have to have your duty looked at.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
It's been done in my office, the police called for 'suspicious' people in a car - only over here they would react slightly differently, guns drawn and shoutingJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:The answer btw is that you dont have to tell them anything, but it may make you look slightly dodgy. I always told by reps at my old office that when managers threatened to follow me to see what time im done etc, when I see them in their cars , to ring the police and say I was being followed. So I did it once, didnt go down too well and I was a marked man ever after. It appears the residual spirit from that exorcism has followed me to my new office. Caught 1 manager a few years ago, parked on a driveway on my round, peeping at me through his car seats![]()
Ive told them all, you cant hang a man with a rubber neck, but by god they keep trying god bless them
You could try that angle with the IB, though I wouldnt recommend it personally
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio