POSTMAN wrote:I get weather and wheather mixed up.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal workers and spelling.
-
mailsort6
- Posts: 356
- Joined: 11 Aug 2007, 13:22
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
I used to work in a hotel, many years ago. One weekend there was an event held for Mensa. The hotel was full of posh types and wanna-be posh types, brains oozing from every pore, but not one ounce of common sense among them. Yes they could answer an incredibly complicated question on advanced mathematics, but they couldn't open a jar of jam. Oh, and they didn't have a sense of humour either. Or dress sense.realitybites wrote:So how many members are also members of MENSA on here
No, they didn't invite me to join.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
So the next time deliver a letter with address spelt wrong, I'm gonna bang on the delivery address door, wait till it opens, punch the person in the face and tell them off for having a thicko friend, and also for the aggro of making me having to think!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aggro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thicko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: my spell check shows "spelt" as a query and I have added slang to dumb myself down!!!!!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aggro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thicko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: my spell check shows "spelt" as a query and I have added slang to dumb myself down!!!!!
-
Postman Plodd
- Posts: 596
- Joined: 30 Nov 2008, 15:53
- Gender: Male
-
dados
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: leading the 5th column
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
slightly off topic is the way some calling cards are filled in,its a 'mare trying to decypher them at the callers office
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
My sister (who has had papers published and has a Masters Degree) used to think that the shower curtain was only for using when there was someone else in the bathroom with you...pinstripe wrote:I used to work in a hotel, many years ago. One weekend there was an event held for Mensa. The hotel was full of posh types and wanna-be posh types, brains oozing from every pore, but not one ounce of common sense among them. Yes they could answer an incredibly complicated question on advanced mathematics, but they couldn't open a jar of jam. Oh, and they didn't have a sense of humour either. Or dress sense.realitybites wrote:So how many members are also members of MENSA on here
No, they didn't invite me to join.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
I'm getting under the weather with this,i didn't figure out whether i got it wrong until 2 of you pulled me up about it.

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
I have to admit my spelling seems to have deteriorated over the years, I have a dictionary extension installed in my Firefox browser that underlines words in red that I have spelt incorrectly. More often the red underline appears when I'm typing these days, even more annoying is my repeated attempts to spell some words correctly resulting in failure
. I then have to search for the correct spelling of the word on google 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
Am I the only person left alive who has a BOOK on the shelf with a list of words in it?Caniel wrote: I have a dictionary extension installed in my Firefox browser
Collins English Dictionary - worth every penny.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
Cheap shot I got the that and The Penguin Complete English Reference Collectionclashcityrocker wrote:Am I the only person left alive who has a BOOK on the shelf with a list of words in it?Caniel wrote: I have a dictionary extension installed in my Firefox browser
Collins English Dictionary - worth every penny.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
I used to have a hardback Oxford dictionary propping up the sofa but it became redundant when I bought a new sofaclashcityrocker wrote:Am I the only person left alive who has a BOOK on the shelf with a list of words in it?Caniel wrote: I have a dictionary extension installed in my Firefox browser
Collins English Dictionary - worth every penny.
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
I do but it's 25 years old! So I have to resort to using one more current!clashcityrocker wrote:Am I the only person left alive who has a BOOK on the shelf with a list of words in it?Caniel wrote: I have a dictionary extension installed in my Firefox browser
Collins English Dictionary - worth every penny.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(It is American though!
latest entry:
Sounds like my DOMoffice hands
some one who has soft hands for doing office work & little or no hard labour
he has office hands from his job. he has soft office hands.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
No idea what my DOM's hands are like.
I've never seen him take them out of his pockets.
I've never seen him take them out of his pockets.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
Straight4ward wrote:No idea what my DOM's hands are like.
I've never seen him take them out of his pockets.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Postal workers and spelling.
Well you're not the only one hampy - there is one poster on here who seems to be permanently on the saucehampshireman wrote:Sure this must be a wind up (or read that as windup); because surely one would check and recheck ones post for mistakes.jaylime wrote:When I worked in a big delivery office there used to be regular graffiti on the bog wall.This grafitti whilst being rather funny was also riddled with spelling mistakes.Now when I read peoples posts on here the spelling is atrocious.Is it just me or are postmen useless at spelling,I know work in a small spdo and were all ace at spelling.
The age of textspeak (that's not a real word is it?) has bastardised the language.
That's what you get though.
It's probably important to remember that much that is posted on Forums (that must be a roman thing); is done quickly to get the point over. Sometimes done with anger.
I'll forgive just about anything ...... Except....... could pople space stuff out a bit. It just makes it easier to read.
Please note that sometimes when I post I might have had a glass of wine and my typing skills could have gone down a bit.
