Next day, I crept up the path quietly, put my leg against the cat flap to block it and rattled thge letter box. The dog came bounded along the hall and then THUMP
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
pissing dogs
-
Steaders
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 14:25
- Location: Mid Sussex
On one round I used to cover there was a dog which used to stick it's head out of the cat flap and try to nip you. Went there one day in th erain and totally forgot about the mutt. I stood too close and as the mail went through the box, so the head came out and... ouch!
Next day, I crept up the path quietly, put my leg against the cat flap to block it and rattled thge letter box. The dog came bounded along the hall and then THUMP
- never did it again 
Next day, I crept up the path quietly, put my leg against the cat flap to block it and rattled thge letter box. The dog came bounded along the hall and then THUMP
Rural Driver (+ some collections)
I believe everything my manager tells me. I also believe in fairies, that pigs have wings and that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
I believe everything my manager tells me. I also believe in fairies, that pigs have wings and that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
-
tinydancer
- Posts: 28
- Joined: 24 May 2007, 12:55
- Location: West Berkshire
damn dogs!!
I have been bitten SEVEN times!!!! Each time the owners say "oh! my dog never bites"! Yeah right!, never bites you, you mean! Each time i have been told to deliver the letter, but each time i refused ('elf and safety, you know) and insisted the LM do it himself. last time the DOM went to deliver it ( in a crappy housing estate known as hypodermic alley), I was there and praying the damn dog would escape out the cat flap after him as it had me. But no such luck, the owner saw him coming and locked up the dog. But at least the cat flap has been sealed up ( we refused delivery for 2 weeks until they complied). Now he terrorises me from an upstairs window, but at least i know where he is now!
Cheers, tinydancer x
-
bigsharkboy
- Posts: 681
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 22:33
- Location: north devon
pistol wrote:Bite back...Gift from the gods...I do a rural round where everyone has a bloody killer mutt of some kind or another,spray the lot of em i do..works on geese too!! lol
dogs i can(just about) cope with
its feckin geese scare the s**t out of me they raise thereselves and extend there neck and come at you flapping there wings and honking
i still have nightmares
postman delivery rural driver devon workplace cwu rep
my bite is worse than my bark
my bite is worse than my bark
-
Steaders
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 20 May 2007, 14:25
- Location: Mid Sussex
Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.
It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate
And cats claws are bloomin' sharp
It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate
And cats claws are bloomin' sharp
Rural Driver (+ some collections)
I believe everything my manager tells me. I also believe in fairies, that pigs have wings and that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
I believe everything my manager tells me. I also believe in fairies, that pigs have wings and that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
-
evilc
- MDEC
- Posts: 721
- Joined: 05 May 2007, 17:20
- Location: near the moors
Easily dispatched with a well placed boot.Steaders wrote:Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.
It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate
And cats claws are bloomin' sharp
" if the kids are united we will never be divided "
Jimmy pursey 1979
Jimmy pursey 1979
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Try that with this oneevilc wrote:Easily dispatched with a well placed boot.Steaders wrote:Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.
It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate
And cats claws are bloomin' sharp![]()

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
-
jafferpants
- Posts: 727
- Joined: 24 May 2007, 16:21
- Location: OVER THE HILL
-
IWW Fellow Worker
- Posts: 3644
- Joined: 30 May 2007, 14:27
- Gender: Male
-
frankie
One of the houses I delivered to had a cat that would hang from the letterbox, inside the house, when I tried to post the mail, he would try to slash my hand with his claws! Once I had to ask a neighbour to distract him when he was outside,( he would lie in wait behind a conifer, sneaky bastard) so I could get to the letterbox! On another occasion A squirrel growled( or whatever they do) at me from a hedge! I have also been bitten by 2 dogs. And all this for £243.06p per wk. I like to think I'm worth more than 2.5%.

-
The Postal Avenger
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 14 Jul 2007, 09:57
-
frankie
-
heapsy
- Posts: 2975
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Drinking with Gangsters
The last time I was bitten, my line manager delivered the letterkinmad4it wrote:That just shows how simple minded these bosses are. You have a problem that is preventing you from delivering to a certain address. How do they let the customer know they wont be getting their mail until the problem is resolved............ They send you out with a letter to them, which you have to deliver.
And we thought it was only the yanks that couldn't grasp the concept of irony
-
Carnoustie
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 793
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 22:00

