ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

pissing dogs

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Steaders
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 May 2007, 14:25
Location: Mid Sussex

Post by Steaders »

On one round I used to cover there was a dog which used to stick it's head out of the cat flap and try to nip you. Went there one day in th erain and totally forgot about the mutt. I stood too close and as the mail went through the box, so the head came out and... ouch!

Next day, I crept up the path quietly, put my leg against the cat flap to block it and rattled thge letter box. The dog came bounded along the hall and then THUMP :Very Happy - never did it again :dance
Rural Driver (+ some collections)

I believe everything my manager tells me. I also believe in fairies, that pigs have wings and that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
tinydancer
Posts: 28
Joined: 24 May 2007, 12:55
Location: West Berkshire

damn dogs!!

Post by tinydancer »

I have been bitten SEVEN times!!!! Each time the owners say "oh! my dog never bites"! Yeah right!, never bites you, you mean! Each time i have been told to deliver the letter, but each time i refused ('elf and safety, you know) and insisted the LM do it himself. last time the DOM went to deliver it ( in a crappy housing estate known as hypodermic alley), I was there and praying the damn dog would escape out the cat flap after him as it had me. But no such luck, the owner saw him coming and locked up the dog. But at least the cat flap has been sealed up ( we refused delivery for 2 weeks until they complied). Now he terrorises me from an upstairs window, but at least i know where he is now!
Cheers, tinydancer x
bigsharkboy
Posts: 681
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 22:33
Location: north devon

Post by bigsharkboy »

pistol wrote:Bite back...Gift from the gods...I do a rural round where everyone has a bloody killer mutt of some kind or another,spray the lot of em i do..works on geese too!! lol

dogs i can(just about) cope with
:funneh
its feckin geese scare the s**t out of me they raise thereselves and extend there neck and come at you flapping there wings and honking

i still have nightmares
postman delivery rural driver devon workplace cwu rep

my bite is worse than my bark
Steaders
Posts: 32
Joined: 20 May 2007, 14:25
Location: Mid Sussex

Post by Steaders »

Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.

It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate :shock:

And cats claws are bloomin' sharp
Rural Driver (+ some collections)

I believe everything my manager tells me. I also believe in fairies, that pigs have wings and that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
evilc
MDEC
Posts: 721
Joined: 05 May 2007, 17:20
Location: near the moors

Post by evilc »

Steaders wrote:Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.

It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate :shock:

And cats claws are bloomin' sharp
Easily dispatched with a well placed boot. :dance :dance
" if the kids are united we will never be divided "
Jimmy pursey 1979
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

evilc wrote:
Steaders wrote:Another of our rounds has a "killer" cat - now that's scary.

It just creeps up behind you silently, and as you turn around to walk away from the door - there it is between you and the gate :shock:

And cats claws are bloomin' sharp
Easily dispatched with a well placed boot. :dance :dance
Try that with this one

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Post by DGP1 »

Image

Or maybe this one????[/img]
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Post by DGP1 »

Image

Which one do you support :Applause :Applause
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
jafferpants
Posts: 727
Joined: 24 May 2007, 16:21
Location: OVER THE HILL

Post by jafferpants »

ALL THIS TALK ABOUT DOGS HAS JUST REMINDED ME TO RING THE WIFE. :Very Happy :
IWW Fellow Worker
Posts: 3644
Joined: 30 May 2007, 14:27
Gender: Male

Post by IWW Fellow Worker »

jafferpants wrote:ALL THIS TALK ABOUT DOGS HAS JUST REMINDED ME TO RING THE WIFE. :Very Happy :
Don't tell me you're married to a racing pidgeon!
The Industrial Workers of the World. The union whose members never scab!

"The working class and the employing class have nothing in common."
frankie

Post by frankie »

One of the houses I delivered to had a cat that would hang from the letterbox, inside the house, when I tried to post the mail, he would try to slash my hand with his claws! Once I had to ask a neighbour to distract him when he was outside,( he would lie in wait behind a conifer, sneaky bastard) so I could get to the letterbox! On another occasion A squirrel growled( or whatever they do) at me from a hedge! I have also been bitten by 2 dogs. And all this for £243.06p per wk. I like to think I'm worth more than 2.5%. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
The Postal Avenger
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jul 2007, 09:57

Post by The Postal Avenger »

Cats behind letterboxes are a bastard, at least you usually know about a dog, but those bastards just sit and wait, it takes ages to stop the bleeding if they get a good one on you! :mad
I'm working to my time!
frankie

Post by frankie »

Damn right there PA, one of the dogs was behind the door, because the owner forgot to put the cage back on the door, the dog declared open season on my hand! Took over a month to heal completely. But to be fair to the owners, they did apologise and sent me a card and some chocs! :Applause :Applause :Applause
heapsy
Posts: 2975
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 23:40
Gender: Male
Location: Drinking with Gangsters

Post by heapsy »

kinmad4it wrote:That just shows how simple minded these bosses are. You have a problem that is preventing you from delivering to a certain address. How do they let the customer know they wont be getting their mail until the problem is resolved............ They send you out with a letter to them, which you have to deliver.
And we thought it was only the yanks that couldn't grasp the concept of irony :d'oh!
The last time I was bitten, my line manager delivered the letter :Applause :Applause Got some compo as the owners admitted responsibility. The b*****d dog scarred me for life!
Carnoustie
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 793
Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 22:00

Post by Carnoustie »

biggazza wrote:dogs i can(just about) cope with,
its feckin geese scare the s**t out of me they raise thereselves and extend there neck and come at you flapping there wings and honking
Funny, our line manager behaves like that if we walk in to a heavy workload. I just take no notice :dance