ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Buy envelopes and stamps, post them and claim the expense against your business tax. Oh and make sure that you have them delivered on your day off :chuckle :chuckle
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by REDLETTER »

dvbuk55 wrote:Buy envelopes and stamps, post them and claim the expense against your business tax. Oh and make sure that you have them delivered on your day off :chuckle :chuckle
Yeh use your free stamps :wink:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Or if your new business is that good word of mouth should suffice. :Very Happy
madelin4
Posts: 1220
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:56

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by madelin4 »

dvbuk55 wrote:Buy envelopes and stamps, post them and claim the expense against your business tax. Oh and make sure that you have them delivered on your day off :chuckle :chuckle
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Very Happy
whitemoor66
Posts: 138
Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
Gender: Male

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by whitemoor66 »

I dropped off fliers for a mate of mine who is a builder, got quite a few good bits of work from his fliers and I got my palm crossed, go ahead, do it, nobody will ever know or probabably care. Can you imagine the trouble they (RM) would have to go to to collate evidence against you? Find a few "Trusted" work mates and they can do the same as well. :Very Happy
Warning! Don't throw 'em up in your frame though!!!!
el_cartero
Posts: 838
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 17:43
Gender: Male

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by el_cartero »

How can i mail the whole planet how much would that cost?
one day part timers will have the same right as full timers
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

el_cartero wrote:How can i mail the whole planet how much would that cost?
Croziers annual salary and bonus might just cover it. :nana
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by Pat Ostman »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
el_cartero wrote:How can i mail the whole planet how much would that cost?
Croziers annual salary and bonus might just cover it. :nana
Or around £ 936 Million!
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
dan1986ccfc
Posts: 63
Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 16:58
Gender: Male

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by dan1986ccfc »

Appeciate the many responses fella's.
For anyone who wondered it is my own web design business.
And in reply to some of you - I do struggle to fit the time in. I am on a part time contract. Although i only ever seem to work part time hours when it suits them!

Also Great forum - makes some great reading. I've learnt alot on here about the current situation as I've only been with RM 2 and a half years. Keep up the good work
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by Pat Ostman »

dan1986ccfc wrote:Appeciate the many responses fella's.
For anyone who wondered it is my own web design business.
And in reply to some of you - I do struggle to fit the time in. I am on a part time contract. Although i only ever seem to work part time hours when it suits them!

Also Great forum - makes some great reading. I've learnt alot on here about the current situation as I've only been with RM 2 and a half years. Keep up the good work
Show us some of your web design work then! :)
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by dvbuk55 »

IPS wrote:
dan1986ccfc wrote:Appeciate the many responses fella's.
For anyone who wondered it is my own web design business.
And in reply to some of you - I do struggle to fit the time in. I am on a part time contract. Although i only ever seem to work part time hours when it suits them!

Also Great forum - makes some great reading. I've learnt alot on here about the current situation as I've only been with RM 2 and a half years. Keep up the good work
Show us some of your web design work then! :)
I don't think so! This is a family friendly forum - although if you are over 18.................. :Very Happy
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Using my business cards as D2D's...?

Post by Pat Ostman »

dvbuk55 wrote:
IPS wrote:
dan1986ccfc wrote:Appeciate the many responses fella's.
For anyone who wondered it is my own web design business.
And in reply to some of you - I do struggle to fit the time in. I am on a part time contract. Although i only ever seem to work part time hours when it suits them!

Also Great forum - makes some great reading. I've learnt alot on here about the current situation as I've only been with RM 2 and a half years. Keep up the good work
Show us some of your web design work then! :)
I don't think so! This is a family friendly forum - although if you are over 18.................. :Very Happy
:whistle



:nana :Very Happy
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one