bill
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Six of my best tippers have died since last Christmas
And another has moved to Australia! Perhaps they are trying to tell me something!
bill
bill
-
dejavu
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 28 Sep 2009, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Ive lost a few to the grim reaper since last christmas. But once the santa outfit comes on the customers go mad for it. They love the thought of the postie being a big part of the build up for the kids and brings a smile to there faces. Last year I made 5-6 hundred quid plus bottles, chocs and smellys. You just need a secret weapon.

-
The Bigamist
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 26 Oct 2009, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Registry Office
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
HESS wrote:One of my regular tipper's came out 2 years ago with my card....as I sped to the van to open it...got out of sight and ripped it open...there was nothing in it...!!!! I sat there for ages contemplating whether I should go back and tell her....what would I say , how could I word it without sounding like a beggar...? I checked the inside of the van from top to bottom several times.......even looked in the wing mirror to see if it had fell out on the way to van...then I'd go back to the card and search it again and again,again...!!! Never ever got that Fiver....yes that's right a Fiver...all that time spent looking for a Fiver...!! And yeah....I got it last year....dozy auld mare musta forgot it 2 yrs ago...!! I wish I'd went back an asked...!!!
Never put you down for a begger ! You been learnin fae the KA7 bung squad !!!!?
-
bunkerland
- Posts: 546
- Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Thanks for cheering us all upmusic4essex wrote:A lady 2yrs back use to give me a hanndful of sweets and some cards to hand out to her neighbours as she was on a oxygen tank, anyway last year she gave me this plastic picnic plate , thought this has gone up in the world, but sadly she was giving a lot of things away as she had decided to give up life and starved herself of the oxygen tank and passed away soon after xmas,
Essex mum
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Had one bloke tell me to "wait a minute" and he tramped off in to the house shouting to his wife "where`s the postmans tip" Much banging and clattering for what seemed like ages and back he comes "merry christmas" he said handing over a packet of pot pourri. 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
bunkerland wrote:Thanks for cheering us all upmusic4essex wrote:A lady 2yrs back use to give me a hanndful of sweets and some cards to hand out to her neighbours as she was on a oxygen tank, anyway last year she gave me this plastic picnic plate , thought this has gone up in the world, but sadly she was giving a lot of things away as she had decided to give up life and starved herself of the oxygen tank and passed away soon after xmas,
Essex mum! Have you considered a part-time job with the Samaritans?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
I deliver to the local Rabbi..............................I'll leave that joke for the rest of you 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
1st tip of the year yesterday.
£3 from some old dear.
More required :)...
£3 from some old dear.
More required :)...
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
First Christmas for me - although I've been on the same walk for pretty much 5 months - no idea what to expect ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
Depends on the area you deliver in and if people like you or not. Our office delivers to shitty estates and the average is probably 30-£50, the longer you're on a walk though the more you get. I've been on mine 8 years and got £150ish last year, plus wine, chocs etc.RedBagMan wrote:First Christmas for me - although I've been on the same walk for pretty much 5 months - no idea what to expect ...
I did once get a bar of soap off an old woman, didn't know whether to laugh or have a shower
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
When I had my own proper delivery round, and got conned out of it, the guy I trained up and then replaced me, got an apple as one of his tips...
I got a fiver from one of my customers earlier this year. I think I'd probably have done alright for tips this year if I hadn't been off sick since July

I got a fiver from one of my customers earlier this year. I think I'd probably have done alright for tips this year if I hadn't been off sick since July
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
£730 last year,plus few bottles of wine and box of chocolates.
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
£25million and a private jet last year but this year i'm on a van share so no doubt i'll have to split the tips.

good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas Tips..What are some people thinking?!!!
£1250 last year 
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female