We have a fair few who come in early. They don't seem to understand it's their fault the job's fornicated. Makes me laugh too, that you hear the official RM line being that they want everyone to work the hours they're paid for. Yet in my office, people are told it's fine to make time, as long as you absorb! And then, because the absorbers leave early, they go before the miss-sorts are in. Often, the amount of mail left behind for their own walks is probably about the same amount as they have taken out to absorb!
The thing that annoys me is that our office still has job and finish, so any walk men making time get away with it because they're not seen. But I'm a driver, so obviously have to take the van back. On the few days I make any time, I get the DOM questioning me, despite the fact that most of the time I finish on time, if not a little over. I don't mind going over IF I make the time back on the easy days, but the DOM seems to forget this.