ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A ROYAL Mail van was stolen by a scar-faced thief in Torquay as its driver emptied a post box.

The postman heard the screeching wheels of his van being stolen behind him.

The red Vauxhall Combi was found just over half an hour later with some of the letters opened.

Police say the opportunist thief struck just after 6pm on Monday in Ellacombe's Princes Road East.

The van was found just half an hour later in St James' Road, Upton, about half a mile away.

Det Con Stu Sweatman, of Torbay Police's burglary and vehicle team, revealed some letters had been opened by the thief who was now being sought.

He said: "The postman was emptying a box nearby when he heard the screeching wheels of his vehicle.

"He looked up to see a man driving away from the scene."

Police found the vehicle abandoned at 6.38pm.

DC Sweatman said the man seen taking the vehicle was reckoned to be in his 20s.

"He had short brown hair and a scar on his left cheek. He was wearing a light blue jacket," he said.

Anyone with information should contact police on 08452 777444, quoting crime FT/09/5183.

The Royal Mail was not available for comment yesterday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by brothermagrew »

Could this be another potential postie facing the chop for failing to properly secure his or her van?
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by DB1100 »

brothermagrew wrote:Could this be another potential postie facing the chop for failing to properly secure his or her van?

Unfortunately yes,I should imagine and the thief will get a couple of hours community service which he wont bother turning up to as its degrading for him to wear his offenders vest,just another day in Bliar's Britain
For we were soldiers once,and young
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by DGP1 »

I don't know why posties still leave themselves open to this, it's not too difficult to turn off the engine and take the keys with you :d'oh!


BTW how many times can you turn the engine on and off before it starts to go :hmmmm I'm not even into a week on my duty and I'm having great trouble starting the van after 40 times :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
shelanda
Posts: 422
Joined: 19 May 2007, 20:44
Location: south east

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by shelanda »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I don't know why posties still leave themselves open to this, it's not too difficult to turn off the engine and take the keys with you :d'oh!


BTW how many times can you turn the engine on and off before it starts to go :hmmmm I'm not even into a week on my duty and I'm having great trouble starting the van after 40 times :chuckle :chuckle
That becomes the problem of RM. We should ALL work safely and that includes locking up the vans EVERY time you leave it, short cuts give them excuses to get rid of us!!!!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32793
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by POSTMAN »

Today,the missus was out (on a bus)and saw a lad on a RM bike along with his mates fecking about,she thinks the bike may of had mail in its pouches.

Another postie bite the dust.

Collection drivers down my way leave the engine running,doors open,and then cross roads to empty boxes!!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
johnsouthwales
Posts: 833
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by johnsouthwales »

walked past a rm van this afternoon.. postie emptying mail. window half way down. didn't get to see if the key was in the ignition. didn't want to draw attention to myself lol. some other stuff was on the passenger seat
and here comes avi cohen! oh i say! at the same end, he's got one back!!
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by NWpostie »

Unfortunately the driver is a goner, its been happening all over the country and they still don't learn, you have to protect yourself and your job by doing the job correctly.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NWpostie wrote:Unfortunately the driver is a goner, its been happening all over the country and they still don't learn, you have to protect yourself and your job by doing the job correctly.
Image

Do this and your next collection/delivery may be
Image

I just don't understand why people chance their arm this way.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by DGP1 »

Non regulation footware :no no but at least he's adopted the correct position :nervous

I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat :roll: (not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
johnsouthwales
Posts: 833
Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by johnsouthwales »

Image
and here comes avi cohen! oh i say! at the same end, he's got one back!!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by dvbuk55 »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footware :no no but at least he's adopted the correct position :nervous

I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat :roll: (not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
I presume you mean his head in a box :Very Happy :chuckle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footware :no no but at least he's adopted the correct position :nervous

I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat :roll: (not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
I presume you mean his head in a box :Very Happy :chuckle
Must not respond :silenced :silenced :silenced ........................................ah hell, it's great when you have your head in a box :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by brothermagrew »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footware :no no but at least he's adopted the correct position :nervous

I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat :roll: (not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
Yeh clocked the dodgy footware as well, van totally unsecure and also thought that we now had to put collection mail into red coloured bags.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

Post by stokes11eg »

disgruntledpostie1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footware :no no but at least he's adopted the correct position :nervous

I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat :roll: (not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
I presume you mean his head in a box :Very Happy :chuckle
Must not respond :silenced :silenced :silenced ........................................ah hell, it's great when you have your head in a box :nervous :chuckle :chuckle
Image
Here we go with all these innuendos,well I'm not falling for it and will give it the bums rush.