ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman's van stolen and then dumped
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman's van stolen and then dumped
http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/news/ ... ticle.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A ROYAL Mail van was stolen by a scar-faced thief in Torquay as its driver emptied a post box.
The postman heard the screeching wheels of his van being stolen behind him.
The red Vauxhall Combi was found just over half an hour later with some of the letters opened.
Police say the opportunist thief struck just after 6pm on Monday in Ellacombe's Princes Road East.
The van was found just half an hour later in St James' Road, Upton, about half a mile away.
Det Con Stu Sweatman, of Torbay Police's burglary and vehicle team, revealed some letters had been opened by the thief who was now being sought.
He said: "The postman was emptying a box nearby when he heard the screeching wheels of his vehicle.
"He looked up to see a man driving away from the scene."
Police found the vehicle abandoned at 6.38pm.
DC Sweatman said the man seen taking the vehicle was reckoned to be in his 20s.
"He had short brown hair and a scar on his left cheek. He was wearing a light blue jacket," he said.
Anyone with information should contact police on 08452 777444, quoting crime FT/09/5183.
The Royal Mail was not available for comment yesterday.
A ROYAL Mail van was stolen by a scar-faced thief in Torquay as its driver emptied a post box.
The postman heard the screeching wheels of his van being stolen behind him.
The red Vauxhall Combi was found just over half an hour later with some of the letters opened.
Police say the opportunist thief struck just after 6pm on Monday in Ellacombe's Princes Road East.
The van was found just half an hour later in St James' Road, Upton, about half a mile away.
Det Con Stu Sweatman, of Torbay Police's burglary and vehicle team, revealed some letters had been opened by the thief who was now being sought.
He said: "The postman was emptying a box nearby when he heard the screeching wheels of his vehicle.
"He looked up to see a man driving away from the scene."
Police found the vehicle abandoned at 6.38pm.
DC Sweatman said the man seen taking the vehicle was reckoned to be in his 20s.
"He had short brown hair and a scar on his left cheek. He was wearing a light blue jacket," he said.
Anyone with information should contact police on 08452 777444, quoting crime FT/09/5183.
The Royal Mail was not available for comment yesterday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
Could this be another potential postie facing the chop for failing to properly secure his or her van?
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
brothermagrew wrote:Could this be another potential postie facing the chop for failing to properly secure his or her van?
Unfortunately yes,I should imagine and the thief will get a couple of hours community service which he wont bother turning up to as its degrading for him to wear his offenders vest,just another day in Bliar's Britain
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
I don't know why posties still leave themselves open to this, it's not too difficult to turn off the engine and take the keys with you
BTW how many times can you turn the engine on and off before it starts to go
I'm not even into a week on my duty and I'm having great trouble starting the van after 40 times

BTW how many times can you turn the engine on and off before it starts to go
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
shelanda
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 19 May 2007, 20:44
- Location: south east
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
That becomes the problem of RM. We should ALL work safely and that includes locking up the vans EVERY time you leave it, short cuts give them excuses to get rid of us!!!!disgruntledpostie1 wrote:I don't know why posties still leave themselves open to this, it's not too difficult to turn off the engine and take the keys with you![]()
BTW how many times can you turn the engine on and off before it starts to goI'm not even into a week on my duty and I'm having great trouble starting the van after 40 times
![]()
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32793
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
Today,the missus was out (on a bus)and saw a lad on a RM bike along with his mates fecking about,she thinks the bike may of had mail in its pouches.
Another postie bite the dust.
Collection drivers down my way leave the engine running,doors open,and then cross roads to empty boxes!!
Another postie bite the dust.
Collection drivers down my way leave the engine running,doors open,and then cross roads to empty boxes!!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
johnsouthwales
- Posts: 833
- Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
walked past a rm van this afternoon.. postie emptying mail. window half way down. didn't get to see if the key was in the ignition. didn't want to draw attention to myself lol. some other stuff was on the passenger seat
and here comes avi cohen! oh i say! at the same end, he's got one back!!
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
Unfortunately the driver is a goner, its been happening all over the country and they still don't learn, you have to protect yourself and your job by doing the job correctly.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
NWpostie wrote:Unfortunately the driver is a goner, its been happening all over the country and they still don't learn, you have to protect yourself and your job by doing the job correctly.
Do this and your next collection/delivery may be

I just don't understand why people chance their arm this way.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
Non regulation footware
but at least he's adopted the correct position
I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat
(not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
johnsouthwales
- Posts: 833
- Joined: 05 Mar 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped

and here comes avi cohen! oh i say! at the same end, he's got one back!!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
I presume you mean his head in a boxdisgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footwarebut at least he's adopted the correct position
![]()
I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat(not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
Must not responddvbuk55 wrote:I presume you mean his head in a boxdisgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footwarebut at least he's adopted the correct position
![]()
I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat(not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
Yeh clocked the dodgy footware as well, van totally unsecure and also thought that we now had to put collection mail into red coloured bags.disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footwarebut at least he's adopted the correct position
![]()
I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat(not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman's van stolen and then dumped
disgruntledpostie1 wrote:Must not responddvbuk55 wrote:I presume you mean his head in a boxdisgruntledpostie1 wrote:Non regulation footwarebut at least he's adopted the correct position
![]()
I've lost count of the number of times I've told people to turn the van off when they get out of the drivers seat(not to mention telling them to do the van checks) because you'll get sacked if you get caught.
![]()
![]()
![]()
........................................ah hell, it's great when you have your head in a box
![]()
![]()

Here we go with all these innuendos,well I'm not falling for it and will give it the bums rush.