ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Famous customers.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clitheroesnumber1postie
Posts: 16
Joined: 02 Apr 2008, 16:23

famous people

Post by clitheroesnumber1postie »

There are quite a few in the office of sunny clitheroe:-

David Dunn Blackburn Rovers Footballer
Some bloke from Hermans hermits 60s pop band
The actor who played Billy Corkill in Brookside
Gordon Taylor The PFA rep (nice fella to be honest)
One of the actors from The Green Green Grass
Malcolm Hebden who plays Norris Cole in Coronation Street
I also used to deliver to Lorenzo Amoruso but not sure what happened to him once he got sold by Rovers
Stuart Ripley (another ex rovers player)
There are others but my mind is blank just like when I go out on delivery ha ha
Daz
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 May 2007, 19:07

Peter Kay

Post by Daz »

Peter Kay used to come into our callers office just before he became famous also Paddy Mcguiness has been a few times, oh yes and Fred Dibna before he died of course.
Daz
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 May 2007, 19:07

Post by Daz »

Missorts thats Bill Oddie that was in the Goodies and does the nature programes
smarterdarter
Posts: 269
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
Location: Location: Location:

Post by smarterdarter »

I have a Mr Viet Nham on my dell ok he's not famous
but he's got a country named after him!!!
And no he dosn't live at number nineteen. :wink:
escargot
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 06:58
Location: glasgow

Post by escargot »

I've had Billy McNeill of Celtic legend and Gordon Smith from the other half of the Old Firm, now haed of SFA, in the callers office recently.
Misssorts
Posts: 34
Joined: 22 Mar 2008, 18:52

Post by Misssorts »

Thanks Daz Co Just couldnt remember his name. But he thinks hes a Star
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Famous customers.

Post by POSTMAN »

I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Famous customers.

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy
John Travolta? :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
moggymoz
Posts: 156
Joined: 04 Dec 2007, 16:51
Gender: Male

Famous customers.

Post by moggymoz »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy
:hmmmm
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Famous customers.

Post by smokerjim »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy

Image ???????

Image ????????

Image ??????

( Is it the cynic in me, or do all of the above look like they've never missed a meal relief in their lives? )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
speedfreak191a
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Mar 2008, 12:24

Famous customers.

Post by speedfreak191a »

Frank Lampard Snr. :Very Happy
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Famous customers.

Post by BELIAL »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy
Anne Widecombe? :Sick
Bye
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Famous customers.

Post by smokerjim »

BELIAL wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy
Anne Widecombe? :Sick
Nah, her stomping ground is Maidstone - I use to work there before I joined RM :crazy:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Famous customers.

Post by BELIAL »

POSTMAN wrote:I've got the one everybody wants,will try and take a pic tomorrow to prove it. :Very Happy
Bingo ,Margaret Becket :dance
Bye
paul_skinback
Posts: 172
Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 20:40
Gender: Male

Post by paul_skinback »

johnnyp wrote:Christine Keeler lived on a walk i used to do a few years back.For you youngsters out there she was knobing a government minister(PROFUMO) and a russian spy at the same time,it caused quite a stir back in the 1960s and may have even bought the then tory government down.She let herself go as she got older and the last i heard she died a couple of years ago.The missus once saw ROBERT PLANT (so she says) walking down clapham park road about 15 years ago.

For a man of the cloth like me, could you explain the term "knobbing" :wave and she's still alive http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Keeler
"I once asked a girl if she was an undertaker cos i had a stiff that needed seeing too"

" I once went into a watch menders, slapped me knob on the desk and said can you put a couple of hands on that?"