7 over 8 was the CWU’s preference. Would probably have worked as well.
I completely forgot about the Great Fractions Debate. What confused me was the suggestion there was another model. 7/8 or 3/4 is about how deep the change would cut, not the way in which delivery would operate. If it's just a question of numbers, then the ODM is simply the same model as H&L but more extreme. There is, in the end, one model: reduction through alternate day delivery. We have a little button that toggles the volume between medium and loud but cannot change the song.
To me, the wording of that communiqué is an attempt to weasel out of shared blame for the different mess we find ourselves in. A bigger boy did the negotiating and then ran away.
I would actually like 7/8 after DM26 nonsense. I think the workload would be about right for most offices providing the mail still alternates heavy and light.
Problem is that only save's ⅛ of the work force costs and MW claimed RM couldn't survive without the savings DM26 brings, he can't have it both ways either they can survive or they can't?
When it comes to the company finances and especially whilst there's a financial interest in pleading poverty I don't trust them one bit. There was a 5 million profit in the last financial year and that was before this bullshit started. So yes, they can survive 7/8.
I would actually like 7/8 after DM26 nonsense. I think the workload would be about right for most offices providing the mail still alternates heavy and light.
Problem is that only save's ⅛ of the work force costs and MW claimed RM couldn't survive without the savings DM26 brings, he can't have it both ways either they can survive or they can't?
When it comes to the company finances and especially whilst there's a financial interest in pleading poverty I don't trust them one bit. There was a 5 million profit in the last financial year and that was before this bullshit started. So yes, they can survive 7/8.
Not siding with RM or CWU's claims here but £5m profit for a company this size over a year is f**k all. EVRI made 134.5 mill (I know they only do parcels!).
I would actually like 7/8 after DM26 nonsense. I think the workload would be about right for most offices providing the mail still alternates heavy and light.
Problem is that only save's ⅛ of the work force costs and MW claimed RM couldn't survive without the savings DM26 brings, he can't have it both ways either they can survive or they can't?
When it comes to the company finances and especially whilst there's a financial interest in pleading poverty I don't trust them one bit. There was a 5 million profit in the last financial year and that was before this bullshit started. So yes, they can survive 7/8.
Not siding with RM or CWU's claims here but £5m profit for a company this size over a year is f**k all. EVRI made 134.5 mill (I know they only do parcels!).
Once RM f**k up the letters so much that the government are forced to take them. And then they can become a gig economy like Evri. RM can also make 134 million. Seems like the plan all along?