ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pens!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Post by DGP1 »

There's always pens available in my DO but they are crap (cheap Bic knock offs that you have to take the lids off) so I use my own which I usually acquire :wink: through fair means or foul :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
escargot
Posts: 21
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 06:58
Location: glasgow

Post by escargot »

We always have pens available which RM pay for although they are the cheapest s**t available and have been known to last less than a day,I always have at least two of my own but that is cos I have found a pen that I like to write with and will happily supply my own until RM buy bics or something reliable
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Post by BELIAL »

My pen is very big cos small ones just fall out when you stoop to push things in low boxes
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Post by k979aaa »

BELIAL wrote:My pen is very big cos small ones just fall out when you stoop to push things in low boxes
Ok don't boast about it a pen is only as good as the ink in it!. :oops:
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Post by BELIAL »

k979aaa wrote:
BELIAL wrote:My pen is very big cos small ones just fall out when you stoop to push things in low boxes
Ok don't boast about it a pen is only as good as the ink in it!. :oops:
It's a bit erratic, sometimes it dries up completely and sometimes I keep pressing the end and it won't come out
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Post by k979aaa »

BELIAL wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
BELIAL wrote:My pen is very big cos small ones just fall out when you stoop to push things in low boxes
Ok don't boast about it a pen is only as good as the ink in it!. :oops:
It's a bit erratic, sometimes it dries up completely and sometimes I keep pressing the end and it won't come out
try shakeing it but dont poke your eye out :chuckle
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Post by BELIAL »

k979aaa wrote:
BELIAL wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
BELIAL wrote:My pen is very big cos small ones just fall out when you stoop to push things in low boxes
Ok don't boast about it a pen is only as good as the ink in it!. :oops:
It's a bit erratic, sometimes it dries up completely and sometimes I keep pressing the end and it won't come out
try shakeing it but dont poke your eye out :chuckle
Sometimes it works when I shake it alot, but sometimes it won't do anything even if I blow on it. Couple of times only my specs have saved me from permanent eye injury
speedfreak191a
Posts: 32
Joined: 26 Mar 2008, 12:24

Post by speedfreak191a »

my pen leaked in my pocket on saturday,all over my mobile which is now screwed! you'd think we were worth more than the £1-for-a-pack-of-20 pens that they give us.we would look so much more proffesional when we ask people to sign for packets if we handed them a smart and reliable royal mail biro pen
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Post by apple »

even mickey mouse companies have their name on the pens, RM surely should then, could have them with the number of the local office on or customer care and give a few away surely a company this size could manage that
majeed
Posts: 463
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 13:40

Re: Pens!

Post by majeed »

redhand wrote:Driving me mad! Either they leak in your pocket, or just give up the ghost altogether. What's the secret guys? Surely there must be a preferred type of pen you experienced chaps use. Put me out of my misery someone please! :d'oh!
We have two types handed out in the office: Bics or another brand (which I can't remember the name of). They both work fine under normal conditions. They stop working when water, i.e. rain gets, into the roller ball tip :crazy: . When I am not using my pen, I put it into the little pen holder part of my shirt breast pocket, or the pen hole in my fleece jacket breast pocket (if I'm wearing just a fleece jacket outside) or in the inside pocket of my hi-vis coat, along with my red tickets and Recorded Delivery sheet holder. I've done this for a year and never had any leaks, and a pen usually lasts me about three months of continuous use. Having read about the twisty and click tops, I might invest in some myself. :Very Happy
http://www.tinyurl.com/6rtfyx
We ride the line between twist and crime
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Re: Pens!

Post by apple »

ten pens for a £ at lidl, click ones that are way better than the crap we get
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pens!

Post by DGP1 »

I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Pens!

Post by pinstripe »

I've got a customer on my round who works from home and he gives me pens with his company's name on it (free advertising for him). They are cheap but they look good and last ages. Only trouble is people keep nicking mine.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Pens!

Post by TeeferTiger »

I use the Tesco value ones. 47p for 10. Keeps me happy anyway :Very Happy
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Pens!

Post by DGP1 »

pinstripe wrote:I've got a customer on my round who works from home and he gives me pens with his company's name on it (free advertising for him). They are cheap but they look good and last ages. Only trouble is people keep nicking mine.
Even better for the guy who gives you the pens, the wider the distribution the better.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio