ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Pens!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Post by DirtyHarry »

tomangoe wrote:When one of our blokes asked the Area Delivery manager (who was in charge of us at the time) for a pen,he said "What do you need a pen on delivery for ? " I kid you not,aren't our leaders wonderful! :crazy:
He obviously thinks, that because he uses crayons, then real workers use crayons as well. It'd be wonderful if RM management were where they truly
belong, a zoo.........Then we could laugh as they rolled around in their own defecation, and lobbed lumps of it at each other whilst eating their bananas. :chuckle
staffordtigers
Posts: 65
Joined: 28 Mar 2007, 12:17

Post by staffordtigers »

I use a Parker pen with TSB on the side, must of either picked it up when on a collection, or it fell into my pocket......I do agree that RM should give us smart parker pens tho, not the usual cheap tat
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Post by DirtyHarry »

staffordtigers wrote:I use a Parker pen with TSB on the side, must of either picked it up when on a collection, or it fell into my pocket......I do agree that RM should give us smart parker pens tho, not the usual cheap tat
Christ almighty ! Don't wish for that mate, we'll be getting more sad dvds showing these two morons....... :lfo :cfo .........With their empty
pockets turned out, pleading poverty, and telling us we're gonna shed more jobs and work even harder, or RM will cease to exist leaving the field wide
open for twopenny halfpenny TNT to take over as the nation's main postal provider.........Or bullshit to that effect. :chuckle
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Post by POSTMAN »

I walk into the DOM'S office grab one out of the box and walk out again. :neutral:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Bootie
Posts: 6
Joined: 07 Jan 2008, 14:34

Post by Bootie »

Barclays have a shed load free in their banks, Blue ones with their Football sponsorship on 'em

I grab a load everytime I go in!
apple
Posts: 496
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
Gender: Male
Location: Pluto

Post by apple »

RM can't even give us a pen that's up to the job!
god!

:arrrghhh
dongash
Posts: 341
Joined: 25 May 2007, 14:11
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire

Post by dongash »

I get mine from the few sub offices that are still not co-op,spar, smiths etc!!!! (so i don't get many!!!) :dance :dance :dance
dongash
Posts: 341
Joined: 25 May 2007, 14:11
Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire

Post by dongash »

I get mine from subs that are not co-op,smiths etc!!! As you can imagine i don't have many pens!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
doveston
Posts: 299
Joined: 10 Apr 2007, 23:32

Post by doveston »

DirtyHarry wrote:
staffordtigers wrote:I use a Parker pen with TSB on the side, must of either picked it up when on a collection, or it fell into my pocket......I do agree that RM should give us smart parker pens tho, not the usual cheap tat
Christ almighty ! Don't wish for that mate, we'll be getting more sad dvds showing these two morons....... :lfo :cfo .........With their empty
pockets turned out, pleading poverty, and telling us we're gonna shed more jobs and work even harder, or RM will cease to exist leaving the field wide
open for twopenny halfpenny TNT to take over as the nation's main postal provider.........Or bullshit to that effect. :chuckle
and then a health and saftey vid in wtl on how to use the damn things
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Post by DirtyHarry »

Oh yes, doveston mate..........They're nothing if not moronic, our gaffers.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Post by Himaggen »

Well the way I see it is that these things must be provided. If we were required to provide our own then there'd be a pre-negotiated flat rate allowance for us to recoup the cost via our taxes. I'm reasonably certain that if you were to try to claim an allowance, you wouldn't be successful therefore make them provide the tools which are required or refuse the tasks which require their use.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Post by POSTMAN »

Ermmm so are most of you saying you don't get provided with bloody pens,you're joking right! :neutral:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Post by pinstripe »

POSTMAN wrote:Ermmm so are most of you saying you don't get provided with bloody pens,you're joking right! :neutral:
Nope, been in the job almost 8 years and never seen a RM pen. They're like a good idea from Leighton or Crozier, yet to see one.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Royal Mail do pens - :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: - can someone scan one to prove it. :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Post by baldrick »

POSTMAN wrote:Ermmm so are most of you saying you don't get provided with bloody pens,you're joking right! :neutral:
There used to be pens available from the Broken Duty in our MC, but I haven't seen
one for years. Probably one of :lfo & :cfo savings. Mind you they weren't very good with
tops that you invariably lost. I prefer the retractable type, which are easier to get from your
shirt pocket and use, with one hand.