ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CarryingMGMT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 310
Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by CarryingMGMT »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
What's the current rates at your DO then? Because I seem to recall you saying you get paid 14 quid odds and hour as a new start even though you are outwith the London weighting area of the country... :hmmmm
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.

The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.

There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...

Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.

Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
Jim Duke
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Feb 2024, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Jim Duke »

Could be the postman in Albert Square Walford :hmmmm
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Smoothbackground »

Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 18:37
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.

The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.

There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...

Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.

Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!

One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!

As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
djhl
Posts: 52
Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by djhl »

Our local Aldi staff seem happy enough, most of them have been there for years. I still prefer being a postie though....but if NW England gets any wetter.... :chuckle
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 19:05
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 18:37
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.

The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.

There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...

Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.

Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!

One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!

As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.

Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
bertie
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 21:55

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by bertie »

I would suggest all OPG posties with 20+ years have the offer of voluntarily leaving with some kind of payoff. It could be less than a redundancy payout and I bet there would be quite a few takers.
nutcracker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 251
Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 01:00
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by nutcracker »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
Tesco staff will be paid £12.02 and get a 15% discount on their shopping which probably works out just a little more than the RM new start wage.

The national minimum wage will rise to £11.44 per hour next month. The difference in pay for a new starter and literally any other job in most of the UK is negligible given RM working culture. Yes, we have generous long term sick pay, but the job can make you seriously ill or injured for far longer than that pays out.

And so ultimately the brand has and will continue to suffer with poor recruitment which will further endanger the longer serving employees.

It’s a moot point anyway. You can’t build any sort of life in the UK with any of those wages or starting off young in any of those jobs.
Beanyjazz wrote: ↑
23 Nov 2023, 08:35
'Look at me Mummy, I made £25, and it only cost me 1 knee'. Get a life.
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by LouBarlow »

Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 20:27
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 19:05
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 18:37
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.

The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.

There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...

Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.

Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!

One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!

As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.

Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!
Jim Duke
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Feb 2024, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Jim Duke »

Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by LouBarlow »

Jim Duke wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 13:09
Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,
I’m sure you will be back otherwise why announce your departure? Bullying? :chuckle Check the responses to my posts if you want to see aggression. People don’t like it when they are challenged. I get that. For the record, and admin can easily confirm this, I am one person, with one account, unlike, I suspect, you, who seems to have intimate knowledge of my interactions here despite a handful of posts. Very shady.
Barnacle
Posts: 2949
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Barnacle »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 14:16
Jim Duke wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 13:09
Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,
I’m sure you will be back otherwise why announce your departure? Bullying? :chuckle Check the responses to my posts if you want to see aggression. People don’t like it when they are challenged. I get that. For the record, and admin can easily confirm this, I am one person, with one account, unlike, I suspect, you, who seems to have intimate knowledge of my interactions here despite a handful of posts. Very shady.
So someone calls you out as a bully, and your response is to…
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
thefox
Posts: 1197
Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by thefox »

🤣🤣🤣you upsetting people again lou.
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Kenfandango »

Love how rapidly posts descend into assumption based harassment... One thing Aldi has over RM is that you won't have to work with other posties, a large proportion of which seem to be solely out for themselves (until the opportunity to harp on about solidarity comes up, of course) and will happily kick you under the closest bus to get an easier life
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h

Post by Ren Hoëk »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
15 Mar 2024, 07:54
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 20:27
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 19:05
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 18:37
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
14 Mar 2024, 17:30
neviboss wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024, 14:01
Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.

However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/

Not much chance of retaining staff, is there? 🤣
This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.
Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.

The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.

There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...

Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.

Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!

One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!

As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.

Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!
I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.