What's the current rates at your DO then? Because I seem to recall you saying you get paid 14 quid odds and hour as a new start even though you are outwith the London weighting area of the country...Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Aldi minimum wage 12.40 p.h
-
CarryingMGMT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 310
- Joined: 29 Jul 2023, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
-
Jim Duke
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 25 Feb 2024, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Could be the postman in Albert Square Walford 
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
-
djhl
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Our local Aldi staff seem happy enough, most of them have been there for years. I still prefer being a postie though....but if NW England gets any wetter.... 
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
-
bertie
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 21:55
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
I would suggest all OPG posties with 20+ years have the offer of voluntarily leaving with some kind of payoff. It could be less than a redundancy payout and I bet there would be quite a few takers.
-
nutcracker
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 251
- Joined: 25 Mar 2020, 01:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Tesco staff will be paid £12.02 and get a 15% discount on their shopping which probably works out just a little more than the RM new start wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The national minimum wage will rise to £11.44 per hour next month. The difference in pay for a new starter and literally any other job in most of the UK is negligible given RM working culture. Yes, we have generous long term sick pay, but the job can make you seriously ill or injured for far longer than that pays out.
And so ultimately the brand has and will continue to suffer with poor recruitment which will further endanger the longer serving employees.
It’s a moot point anyway. You can’t build any sort of life in the UK with any of those wages or starting off young in any of those jobs.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.
-
Jim Duke
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 25 Feb 2024, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
I’m sure you will be back otherwise why announce your departure? Bullying?Jim Duke wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 13:09Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2949
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
So someone calls you out as a bully, and your response is to…LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 14:16I’m sure you will be back otherwise why announce your departure? Bullying?Jim Duke wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 13:09Few folk on here definitely need looked at, including you, bullying vibes I get from you, on about ex posties should post, I'm thinking ward was right about folk being paid to cause mischief on these forums, I feel you smoothgrasser Aiden/Sean are just at it certainly wouldn't shock me if youre the same person, , I'm off, and won't be back, so wouldn't bother replying to this,Check the responses to my posts if you want to see aggression. People don’t like it when they are challenged. I get that. For the record, and admin can easily confirm this, I am one person, with one account, unlike, I suspect, you, who seems to have intimate knowledge of my interactions here despite a handful of posts. Very shady.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
thefox
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
Love how rapidly posts descend into assumption based harassment... One thing Aldi has over RM is that you won't have to work with other posties, a large proportion of which seem to be solely out for themselves (until the opportunity to harp on about solidarity comes up, of course) and will happily kick you under the closest bus to get an easier life
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Aldi minimum wage £12.40 p.h
I think you need to calm down. The only interest I have is in verifying if anything they are saying actually took place. Which I don't think it did. As I don't think they are who they say they are. I live f***ing miles away from London so they can sleep easy in me not giving a flying f**k who in the imaginary person they are.LouBarlow wrote: ↑15 Mar 2024, 07:54You clearly are interested in where she works as you literally asked her. Quit it with this stalker nonsense. It is creepy and you definitely need monitoring. And you are a union rep!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 20:27Oh, Im not interested in who you are but I think you're talking s**t. I think you arent who you say you are. You've made some very specific claims that would be easy to verify. You seem very anti union and anti legacy contract for someone who is supposedly happy with their current terms. It just doesnt make sense.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 19:05Why does it matter where I work? Should I be concerned for my personal safety? Are you some kind of violent weirdo or stalker?!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 18:37Its variable in the same sense Aldi's will be. Based on location (London) and function. What matters in this conversation is the like for likes. How much does an Ops Aldi worker get compared to an Ops postie. Either in or outside of London. Considering most of us don't live in London I think we should look at the outside of London wage.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑14 Mar 2024, 17:30This is comparing apples with pears. The current Aldi rate is £12 per hour, with it rising to £12.40 per hour. The current RM rate is variable, depending on office, but any RM employees currently on £12.29 per hour will have it raised by 2% to £12.54 in April though, no? Either way, RM pays more.neviboss wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 14:01Aldi have announced a wage increase as from June 1st.
However new starters at RM are on £12.29 per hour!
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/Pon ... 035728701/
Not much chance of retaining staff, is there?![]()
The wages are very similar now where once they were better. They were better for a reason. The job is hard and takes its toll. Id also argue the postie role comes with more responsibility as well. You could either get treated like s**t in the dry or in the rain it seems. Iv seen new starters quit on the spot when faced with walking 10 miles in torrential rain.
There is defo something off with your account though. Considering one of the CWU's main goals it to improve the new starters contracts you seem perfectly happy with the s**t one you supposedly have...
Well if you don't mind I and the rest of us can see what is happening and continue to fight it. The slow creep degradation of our pay, T&Cs and once great company we used to be. You can except less, I wont.
Did we ever get to the bottom of where you supposedly worked? Its defo a London office so that narrows it down considerably. A london office where a temp was made up to permanent in September 23. Who has recently grassed up the union rep for doorstepping and where there was a recent violent confrontation between a new starter and senior member.
One of the CWU’s main goals is to improve new starters’ contracts? Get the hell outta here! The CWU’s sole goal is its own survival — at a time when it is fast facing extinction in RM!
As for me, yes, I am completely happy with what I signed up to, thanks. It’s you and your sort that are unhappy with your lot.
Enjoy your lot and forever except less i suppose. Sounds pathetic to me but you do you. Il continue to fight and believe it or not that does 100% include improving the new contracts.