And the job is shitty enough without playground bullies too! So better get used to it. If the old guard want to play around with matches (aka new starters) then they ought to be prepared to get burnt.thefox wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 16:29Me either.. the jobs shitty enough without grasses in the workplace.Jim Duke wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 18:53Personally no I wouldn't grass anyone, but that's me, you knock yourself outSmoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 18:44Why would I need his or his union’s help? I have a voice and a brain of my own.
Furthermore, we all have a duty to protect the integrity of the mail, and finding mail insecure on a doorstep is something I must Speak Up about, no? I would have retrieved the doorstepped item and brought it back had the customer not arrived almost at the same time as me.
(FYI, it is perfectly legal to take photos in a public place, especially when you tell the person whose house it is that you’re doing so!. And do you call that doorstepping “work”??)
We had an episode last week whereby guy in the transport office decided to get lairy with one of the new starter lads and offered to “take him outside”, whereupon transport guy promptly ended up on his fat arse - in front of his mates! He started it but couldn’t finish it. Although said new starter has sadly now gone, big guy in the transport office is no longer playing tricks with us. My own “non-violent resistance” (Google Gandhi) is taking a firm but fair stand against all forms of disrespect etc.