ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
-
Barnacle
- Posts: 2949
- Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Earth
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
I never doorstep and even if ‘most people are doing it’, I’m not a sheep so I still won’t be doing it. As a customer I find it infuriating to have a parcel left on my step or somewhere equally exposed. So I don’t inflict that annoyance on others. Plus, one day a parcel will be stolen or you will have a DOR and you will have no defence because you left it for anyone to steal if they felt like it.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
Its not really about being his friend. It's about being amicable colleagues. Its also not just going to be his opinion of you but everyone else's. Its very shortsighted to be chucking people under the bus. Let along the union rep who's network will be large. They also hold influence in decision making. Decisions that could involve you. You say why would you need their help? Fair enough. Iv found it ALWAYS helps to have the backing of the union. Instead you seem to be actively making an enemy of them.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 17:46I don’t want friends like him, thanks! Maybe he will now focus on himself and his own actions rather than others.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 17:27You do you. But instead of confronting the perpetrator with evidence of their hypocrisy you've gone straight to a manager to grass them up. Its not really straight out of the "how to make friends and influence people" playbook. Enjoy your time here.I fear its going to be rough and full of confrontation with your colleagues. Just doesn't seem wise.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 15:45I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 06:15Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 05:53The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpegguardianangel wrote: ↑11 Mar 2024, 21:50What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
For someone who claims to have a brain of their own. Your actions say otherwise. Very shortsighted.
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
What influence does he/they have? The managers despise them, so do the overwhelming majority of new staff. Nah, they have no influence. Not anymore. The once-powerful and all-dictating union and old boys’ network is on its way out.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 19:26Let along the union rep who's network will be large. They also hold influence in decision making. Decisions that could involve you. You say why would you need their help? Fair enough. Iv found it ALWAYS helps to have the backing of the union. Instead you seem to be actively making an enemy of them.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 17:46I don’t want friends like him, thanks! Maybe he will now focus on himself and his own actions rather than others.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 17:27You do you. But instead of confronting the perpetrator with evidence of their hypocrisy you've gone straight to a manager to grass them up. Its not really straight out of the "how to make friends and influence people" playbook. Enjoy your time here.I fear its going to be rough and full of confrontation with your colleagues. Just doesn't seem wise.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 15:45I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 06:15Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 05:53The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpegguardianangel wrote: ↑11 Mar 2024, 21:50What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
For someone who claims to have a brain of their own. Your actions say otherwise. Very shortsighted.
This chap got his just desserts. As others have said, nothing serious will come of it, but he will at least pipe down and keep away from us with his snide pathetic comments. He is more than welcome to have a direct convo with myself - but at his peril!
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
I wish you all the best.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 19:51What influence does he/they have? The managers despise them, so do the overwhelming majority of new staff. Nah, they have no influence. Not anymore. The once-powerful and all-dictating union and old boys’ network is on its way out.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 19:26Let along the union rep who's network will be large. They also hold influence in decision making. Decisions that could involve you. You say why would you need their help? Fair enough. Iv found it ALWAYS helps to have the backing of the union. Instead you seem to be actively making an enemy of them.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 17:46I don’t want friends like him, thanks! Maybe he will now focus on himself and his own actions rather than others.Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 17:27You do you. But instead of confronting the perpetrator with evidence of their hypocrisy you've gone straight to a manager to grass them up. Its not really straight out of the "how to make friends and influence people" playbook. Enjoy your time here.I fear its going to be rough and full of confrontation with your colleagues. Just doesn't seem wise.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 15:45I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 06:15Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 05:53The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpegguardianangel wrote: ↑11 Mar 2024, 21:50What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
For someone who claims to have a brain of their own. Your actions say otherwise. Very shortsighted.
This chap got his just desserts. As others have said, nothing serious will come of it, but he will at least pipe down and keep away from us with his snide pathetic comments. He is more than welcome to have a direct convo with myself - but at his peril!
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3223
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
I very very much doubt Smoothbackground is a newstarter/ who he says he is btw
I'd take anything he says on here with a large pinch of salt
I'd take anything he says on here with a large pinch of salt
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Aardvark
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 12 Dec 2015, 19:24
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
They should look at the functionality of the PDA system - don't give a damn what anyone says they are completely flawed.
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
Please don’t misgender me. And do share your conspiracy theory. Salt or cyanide?Acca Dacca wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 21:02I very very much doubt Smoothbackground is a newstarter/ who he says he is btw
I'd take anything he says on here with a large pinch of salt
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
Aye, I forgot that Royal Mail are still allegedly losing over a million pounds a day....
The only plan that isn't working in Royal Mail is "officially" getting rid of the USO. It would be far harder for the company to get rid of the USO if it is making huge profits like it did during the pandemic because all the government will do is suggest that it use the profits that it makes from parcels and GLS to fund the letters business; something which the company doesn't really want to do.
Imho the demand for parcels has not decreased and letters are still being de-prioritised, we still haven't had walks put back in and duties are failing on a daily basis, we have around a dozen staff on the newer contracts and on top of this we have several staff right now that are not being paid any sick pay. We are still driving round in crappy vans and all this b*llocks about building customer trust is to keep management in well paid jobs. Maybe it's time the business had another incentive scheme for its staff?
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
If you have any evidence that RM aren’t losing money, please provide it, because there is nothing to dispute this. When was the last time you were paid a dividend as a shareholder?postslippete wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 22:04
Aye, I forgot that Royal Mail are still allegedly losing over a million pounds a day....
The only plan that isn't working in Royal Mail is "officially" getting rid of the USO. It would be far harder for the company to get rid of the USO if it is making huge profits like it did during the pandemic because all the government will do is suggest that it use the profits that it makes from parcels and GLS to fund the letters business; something which the company doesn't really want to do.
Imho the demand for parcels has not decreased and letters are still being de-prioritised, we still haven't had walks put back in and duties are failing on a daily basis, we have around a dozen staff on the newer contracts and on top of this we have several staff right now that are not being paid any sick pay. We are still driving round in crappy vans and all this b*llocks about building customer trust is to keep management in well paid jobs. Maybe it's time the business had another incentive scheme for its staff?
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
. Replied to the wrong person.
Last edited by Ren Hoëk on 13 Mar 2024, 09:16, edited 1 time in total.
-
jimmynailsalive
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 305
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
Wouldn't it be a good idea to have an idiot proof instruction leaflet to show people how to download the RM app and set a safe place for parcels?
I would find that handy to give to people who have the little messages on doors to leave parcels here or there etc and for those complaining about waiting in or missing their delivery.
Would be great to give them a leaflet and say batter in and never miss a delivery again.
I actually went into mine yesterday to add safe place and hadn't updated my address from 3 years ago
I would find that handy to give to people who have the little messages on doors to leave parcels here or there etc and for those complaining about waiting in or missing their delivery.
Would be great to give them a leaflet and say batter in and never miss a delivery again.
I actually went into mine yesterday to add safe place and hadn't updated my address from 3 years ago
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
I have my suspicions about a few posters on here but with no way to prove it I don't bother saying anything. Just try to challenge what they say.Acca Dacca wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 21:02I very very much doubt Smoothbackground is a newstarter/ who he says he is btw
I'd take anything he says on here with a large pinch of salt
Given the efforts the company went through to break the union and its staff in the workplace I would expect them to extend their efforts to forums like this as well. As much as we came to an agreement with the company I suspect the company are not acting in good faith and are ploughing ahead with their agenda and union busting tactics.
Last edited by Ren Hoëk on 13 Mar 2024, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3223
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
I stand by what I said.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 21:20Please don’t misgender me. And do share your conspiracy theory. Salt or cyanide?Acca Dacca wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 21:02I very very much doubt Smoothbackground is a newstarter/ who he says he is btw
I'd take anything he says on here with a large pinch of salt
You can take from that what you will.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
thefox
- Posts: 1197
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
Me either.. the jobs shitty enough without grasses in the workplace.Jim Duke wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 18:53Personally no I wouldn't grass anyone, but that's me, you knock yourself outSmoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 18:44Why would I need his or his union’s help? I have a voice and a brain of my own.
Furthermore, we all have a duty to protect the integrity of the mail, and finding mail insecure on a doorstep is something I must Speak Up about, no? I would have retrieved the doorstepped item and brought it back had the customer not arrived almost at the same time as me.
(FYI, it is perfectly legal to take photos in a public place, especially when you tell the person whose house it is that you’re doing so!. And do you call that doorstepping “work”??)
-
Smoothbackground
- Posts: 1275
- Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
- Gender: Female
Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It
So be it. I take from that that you cannot read!Acca Dacca wrote: ↑13 Mar 2024, 16:05I stand by what I said.Smoothbackground wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 21:20Please don’t misgender me. And do share your conspiracy theory. Salt or cyanide?Acca Dacca wrote: ↑12 Mar 2024, 21:02I very very much doubt Smoothbackground is a newstarter/ who he says he is btw
I'd take anything he says on here with a large pinch of salt
You can take from that what you will.