ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by GRS »

Who cares? Who’s interested? I certainly ain’t & I suspect the majority feel the same. It is absolute bullshit all this technology nonsense. RM, Amazon, Evri et al are so busy trying to outdo each other with technology that they’re tying themselves up in knots & not actually delivering the service people are paying for. Walks left in frames, mail failing every day & non tracked packets tossed to one side yet the arseholes called management are just worried that someone didn’t get an email with an estimated delivery time. The majority of people aren’t even interested in this bollocks, all they want is their items delivered. Please god let this company go under!
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by norris9 »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
That actually looks like it would go through the letterbox.... :crazy:
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by norris9 »

Arguments about doorstepping are a lost cause.... my suspicion is at least 80% of posties do it and that's from working with 50+ different people in van-shares having been a reserve. As well as the fact I don't always do my own tracked and find tracked on the doorstep...

Doorstepping is normal and to be honest - I think it's ok as long as you don't leave it exposed to rain, or exposed to the view of people walking past on the roadside...

Nothing I've ever delivered has been stolen.

I strongly believe Royal Mail want us to doorstep, they say how this market is highly competitive and how we are losing out to Amazon and Evri.... I highly doubt doorstepping is a reason for us losing out to them as they do it more than us....they are saving time and money delivering first time.

All our managers bang on about is speed, speed, and SPEED and when you tell them a round isn't doable they reference some postie who 'can' do it and it's always someone that doorsteps..... so for me - that's a clear indication they expect you to doorstep, although they obviously cannot tell you to.

If your managers are genuinely tough on doorstepping rather than speed - fair play to your managers. That creates an office environment where doing the job correctly is seen as paramount to doing the job fast. It also creates less pressure...

As I say - our managers just want fast fast fast!!!!!!!!
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Smoothbackground »

Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 06:15
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...
I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!
SMS1969
Posts: 1022
Joined: 28 Jun 2021, 11:36
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by SMS1969 »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 15:45
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 06:15
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...
I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!
Agreed, shop the mouthy Cnut. There’s too many of them in the workplace. I bet nothing happens to him though. :no no
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Smoothbackground »

norris9 wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 09:20
Arguments about doorstepping are a lost cause.... my suspicion is at least 80% of posties do it and that's from working with 50+ different people in van-shares having been a reserve. As well as the fact I don't always do my own tracked and find tracked on the doorstep...

Doorstepping is normal and to be honest - I think it's ok as long as you don't leave it exposed to rain, or exposed to the view of people walking past on the roadside...

Nothing I've ever delivered has been stolen.

I strongly believe Royal Mail want us to doorstep, they say how this market is highly competitive and how we are losing out to Amazon and Evri.... I highly doubt doorstepping is a reason for us losing out to them as they do it more than us....they are saving time and money delivering first time.

All our managers bang on about is speed, speed, and SPEED and when you tell them a round isn't doable they reference some postie who 'can' do it and it's always someone that doorsteps..... so for me - that's a clear indication they expect you to doorstep, although they obviously cannot tell you to.

If your managers are genuinely tough on doorstepping rather than speed - fair play to your managers. That creates an office environment where doing the job correctly is seen as paramount to doing the job fast. It also creates less pressure...

As I say - our managers just want fast fast fast!!!!!!!!
I agree with a lot you say, Norris, though I would argue the route planning gives ample time to effect a proper first-time delivery - a whole three minutes on each doorstep! As a parcel driver, there is no need to doorstep anything, with a neighbour nearly always happy to take it in. I delivered over 800 tracked items last week, bringing back only two items in the whole week. Time spent banging neighbours’ doors is time well spent — it means you save time the following day as you don’t need to reattempt (or go over old, previously covered ground). Appreciate it is a completely different kettle of fish delivering mail and parcels…
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Smoothbackground »

SMS1969 wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 15:51
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 15:45
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 06:15
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...
I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!
Agreed, shop the mouthy Cnut. There’s too many of them in the workplace. I bet nothing happens to him though. :no no
:Applause

Think you are right, nothing will happen, and I don’t really want it to, but hopefully it brings him down a peg or two.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 15:45
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 06:15
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...
I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!
You do you. But instead of confronting the perpetrator with evidence of their hypocrisy you've gone straight to a manager to grass them up. Its not really straight out of the "how to make friends and influence people" playbook. Enjoy your time here.I fear its going to be rough and full of confrontation with your colleagues. Just doesn't seem wise.
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Smoothbackground »

Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 17:27
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 15:45
Ren Hoëk wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 06:15
Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 05:53
guardianangel wrote: ↑
11 Mar 2024, 21:50
What a load of rubbish ,parcel drivers throwing parcels back into posties yorks not delivering,new parcel drivers leaving parcels on doorsteps ,bins and signing for parcels and doorstepping…
The only doorstepping I have encountered is from the old-guard themselves, not new starters. Here is a photo of a blatant doorstepping — delivered by none other than our union rep! I only took a photo of it because he (union rep) has been the principal source of derogatory talk of new starters, spouting identical nonsense to the above. I encouraged the customer, who returned home as I was stood on his doorstep with his parcel, to complain, and I showed the photo to the manager.0E7CEBD0-9978-4EA4-B105-592476334026.jpeg

As for returning non tracked to posties’ Yorks, perhaps the manager has instructed them to do so? I have the opposite problem: posties dumping their packets, even if it’s not on my route, into my yorks. This results in them being unmanifested and not receiving the RfD scan! I do deliver them!!
Wait a minute. You yourself are a new starter and are grassing up colleagues for this nonsense? I bet you're popular...
I couldn’t have cared less what he did and would have minded my own business— until he started coming over to us on a regular basis and spouting rubbish like, “You can’t honestly be that quick, you must be doorstepping” etc. Sorry, but once he has put himself above the parapet like that he is more than fair game. How dare he be spreading malicious rumours about us when he doesn’t have any evidence of any of us doing such things, yet the only evidence to be found of doorstepping is, err, by him!
You do you. But instead of confronting the perpetrator with evidence of their hypocrisy you've gone straight to a manager to grass them up. Its not really straight out of the "how to make friends and influence people" playbook. Enjoy your time here.I fear its going to be rough and full of confrontation with your colleagues. Just doesn't seem wise.
I don’t want friends like him, thanks! Maybe he will now focus on himself and his own actions rather than others.
Jim Duke
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Feb 2024, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Jim Duke »

Hopefully you'll never need his union help, if someone asks why you have so many photos of other people's work on your private phone,
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by postslippete »

norris9 wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 09:20
Arguments about doorstepping are a lost cause.... my suspicion is at least 80% of posties do it and that's from working with 50+ different people in van-shares having been a reserve. As well as the fact I don't always do my own tracked and find tracked on the doorstep...

Doorstepping is normal and to be honest - I think it's ok as long as you don't leave it exposed to rain, or exposed to the view of people walking past on the roadside...

Nothing I've ever delivered has been stolen.

I strongly believe Royal Mail want us to doorstep, they say how this market is highly competitive and how we are losing out to Amazon and Evri.... I highly doubt doorstepping is a reason for us losing out to them as they do it more than us....they are saving time and money delivering first time.

All our managers bang on about is speed, speed, and SPEED and when you tell them a round isn't doable they reference some postie who 'can' do it and it's always someone that doorsteps..... so for me - that's a clear indication they expect you to doorstep, although they obviously cannot tell you to.

If your managers are genuinely tough on doorstepping rather than speed - fair play to your managers. That creates an office environment where doing the job correctly is seen as paramount to doing the job fast. It also creates less pressure...

As I say - our managers just want fast fast fast!!!!!!!!

Royal Mail used to be unique in not door-stepping parcels but we are becoming more like the competition. For many posties there are far too many parcels to deliver and it now means more work for tomorrow if they don't get rid. Added to this are those notes on the PDA that actually instruct us to leave it in bins and whatnot. It is still a bit of a grey area but I still leave a slip if I can't get rid. Unless I get written confirmation from a manager to doorstep parcels it's really not worth the risk, especially as we expected to take pictures of parcels with doors open to prevent denial of receipt.

Being fast and loose on deliveries brings its own problems.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Smoothbackground
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Sep 2023, 20:01
Gender: Female

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Smoothbackground »

Jim Duke wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 18:18
Hopefully you'll never need his union help, if someone asks why you have so many photos of other people's work on your private phone,
Why would I need his or his union’s help? I have a voice and a brain of my own.

Furthermore, we all have a duty to protect the integrity of the mail, and finding mail insecure on a doorstep is something I must Speak Up about, no? I would have retrieved the doorstepped item and brought it back had the customer not arrived almost at the same time as me.

(FYI, it is perfectly legal to take photos in a public place, especially when you tell the person whose house it is that you’re doing so!. And do you call that doorstepping “work”??)
Moose67
Posts: 130
Joined: 09 Mar 2016, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Moose67 »

There wouldn't be so much work to do if you didn't have to take out the stuff you 739d the day before only to have to take it back to the office again and then retry again on a day the customer wanted only for them to go out because they didn't want to wait in all day for you to turn up if only there was a way for them to collect it themselves :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh whoever came up with this idea 💡 must of been a genius :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Jim Duke
Posts: 6
Joined: 25 Feb 2024, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: RMCtv : Building Customer Trust - Scan It

Post by Jim Duke »

Smoothbackground wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 18:44
Jim Duke wrote: ↑
12 Mar 2024, 18:18
Hopefully you'll never need his union help, if someone asks why you have so many photos of other people's work on your private phone,
Why would I need his or his union’s help? I have a voice and a brain of my own.

Furthermore, we all have a duty to protect the integrity of the mail, and finding mail insecure on a doorstep is something I must Speak Up about, no? I would have retrieved the doorstepped item and brought it back had the customer not arrived almost at the same time as me.

(FYI, it is perfectly legal to take photos in a public place, especially when you tell the person whose house it is that you’re doing so!. And do you call that doorstepping “work”??)
Personally no I wouldn't grass anyone, but that's me, you knock yourself out