clashcityrocker wrote: ↑27 Mar 2023, 08:55
I don't know where you get 3 hours from. I have never spent 3 hours prepping D2D on Monday.
But here is the thing:
Resource to workload. If the workload is x then the resource is x.
If the workload is 3x then the resource needs to be 3x. It isn't rocket engineering.
Putting all the D2D in on Monday isn't a problem. Making sure you have the resource available to do that is another thing.
Now whether someone on light duties starts doing them on Saturday after you have left for delivery, or a Sunday packet driver who doesn't have enough work to fill their shift or a part timer on overtime on Monday morning or like us you have a longer Monday to allow the D2D prep to be done is all that matters.
Don't any reps do weekly resourcing meetings.
I understand people don't like doing things differently. I know prepping 2 frames with D2D is unbearably boring but when people start with the notion that it takes 3 hours and it can't be done, I can understand why everything fails.
It reminds me of a rep we had who, no matter what was suggested, would run around the office shouting -It won't work. I've told him it won't work.
I like your resource to workload line.
As if nobody ever thought of that before.
I mean… All it takes is resource. Right??
Whoever would have thought it?
Try putting 4-5 d2d in 1400 delivery points. See how long it takes you. Of course you have never done that.
It’s been timed by multiple different people in the office. It takes that long. This is a categorical fact. Not an assumption. Not anybody being awkward.
Obviously certain offices get fewer than us and that takes different amount of time, fair enough. How are you going to resource D2D when people’s Mother’s Day cards weren’t going the previous week? That’s what you clearly do not seem to be able to comprehend. There is NO time. If you make cuts in the day to focus on one area; another fails. It’s simply a game of picking your poison in the current climate.
D2D’s are - in the eyes of management - way down the list. It is as simple as that with current staffing levels.
I know all this doesn’t align with your narrative Clash. This is the reality.
You clearly do not like the facts.