ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Buy down hours

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

Buy down hours

Post by TheStrangler »

Is this still possible and what is the basic criteria?
Does anyone have a right to this or is it subject to agreement by plant manager/Union?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16699
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Buy down hours

Post by clashcityrocker »

A buy down of hours can only occur if those hours are being taken out of the office.
Therefore management and union involvement is necessary.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 966
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Buy down hours

Post by britwrit »

They have to pay you a lot under the current agreement. Therefore, it doesn't happen much.

If you're full time - or close to it - I get the impression that most places are delighted if you voluntarily agree to reduce your hours.
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

Buy down hours

Post by TheStrangler »

Just wondered what the deal /conditions are..
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 966
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Buy down hours

Post by britwrit »

Sorry - I was being vague.

It's managed under the "Managing the Surplus Framework" agreement. It's a whole procedure that the union and management go through where management has to officially declare that there's more staff than needed.

These days, I get the impression it's just used with mail centres but I'm sure I'm probably wrong,

You can find it at this link, under the 2010 agreements - http://www.cwuessex.org/agreements/
TheStrangler
Posts: 218
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
Gender: Male

Buy down hours

Post by TheStrangler »

britwrit wrote:Sorry - I was being vague.

It's managed under the "Managing the Surplus Framework" agreement. It's a whole procedure that the union and management go through where management has to officially declare that there's more staff than needed.

These days, I get the impression it's just used with mail centres but I'm sure I'm probably wrong,

You can find it at this link, under the 2010 agreements - http://www.cwuessex.org/agreements/
No worries mate, thanks for the link.