Is this still possible and what is the basic criteria?
Does anyone have a right to this or is it subject to agreement by plant manager/Union?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Buy down hours
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16699
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Buy down hours
A buy down of hours can only occur if those hours are being taken out of the office.
Therefore management and union involvement is necessary.
Therefore management and union involvement is necessary.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Buy down hours
They have to pay you a lot under the current agreement. Therefore, it doesn't happen much.
If you're full time - or close to it - I get the impression that most places are delighted if you voluntarily agree to reduce your hours.
If you're full time - or close to it - I get the impression that most places are delighted if you voluntarily agree to reduce your hours.
-
TheStrangler
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
- Gender: Male
Buy down hours
Just wondered what the deal /conditions are..
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Buy down hours
Sorry - I was being vague.
It's managed under the "Managing the Surplus Framework" agreement. It's a whole procedure that the union and management go through where management has to officially declare that there's more staff than needed.
These days, I get the impression it's just used with mail centres but I'm sure I'm probably wrong,
You can find it at this link, under the 2010 agreements - http://www.cwuessex.org/agreements/
It's managed under the "Managing the Surplus Framework" agreement. It's a whole procedure that the union and management go through where management has to officially declare that there's more staff than needed.
These days, I get the impression it's just used with mail centres but I'm sure I'm probably wrong,
You can find it at this link, under the 2010 agreements - http://www.cwuessex.org/agreements/
-
TheStrangler
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 10:41
- Gender: Male
Buy down hours
No worries mate, thanks for the link.britwrit wrote:Sorry - I was being vague.
It's managed under the "Managing the Surplus Framework" agreement. It's a whole procedure that the union and management go through where management has to officially declare that there's more staff than needed.
These days, I get the impression it's just used with mail centres but I'm sure I'm probably wrong,
You can find it at this link, under the 2010 agreements - http://www.cwuessex.org/agreements/