Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera, and is about to destroy it
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2014/j ... ver-camera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I need your help to stop Parcelforce disposing of a £188 camera that belongs to me. I purchased it from the website Gumtree in May, but the sender forgot to include my house number on the address so it could not be delivered. Parcelforce has tried to return the package to the sender, but it's too big for their letterbox so it's being held at the company's national returns centre. The sender has not collected it from there.
I've asked Parcelforce to redeliver to me, but it has refused – stating that only the sender can instruct it to do this. I've repeatedly asked the sender to contact Parcelforce but have had no response from her.
Now Parcelforce says it only keeps items for 35 days and will dispose of the camera at the end of the week.
I've offered to show Parcelforce proof of payment to the sender and proof of identity and pointed out the improbability of there being two people of the same name living on the same street who both happen to have the tracking number of the parcel. IS Nottingham
When I send your lament to Royal Mail's press office, there's an instant response from Parcelforce's "high-profile customer service team": "Due to the customer putting the sender's contact details on his email, we have been able to contact the sender and received confirmation that we can forward the item on." But surely Parcelforce had these contact details all along as this was a tracked delivery? "But not the phone number for immediate action," replies a spokesperson, justifying 34 days of inertia in the face of your pleas. The tale has a happy ending: two days before your camera was due to meet its nemesis it is safely handed over to you.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
I can pretty much guarantee he won't be using parcelforce again, an own goal by parcelforce. the seller don't come out of this too well either.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
Bought off Gumtree as well 
-
cheffie
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 25 Dec 2011, 19:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
surely if there was at least a name on the package the customer could have been identified ive lost count the number of packages a week I get with no number on them
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
And we've been told by the Dom that nowt is to be left on our frame, including incompletely addressed items that we used to write 'ref' on in the hope that someone would recognise the name on it. So it gets killed off straight away and TFC can carry the can for it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Parcelforce refuses to deliver my camera
With Royal Mail possibly but this was parcelforce and they won't know the residents as well as we do.cheffie wrote:surely if there was at least a name on the package the customer could have been identified ive lost count the number of packages a week I get with no number on them
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.