ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is this allowed?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Is this allowed?

Post by Rommagic »

Too be throwing next weeks door2doors in on a Friday afternoon?.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Rommagic »

I thought the door2doors company have paid for them too get delivered from the 18th October not the Saturday before the 16th.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by POSTMAN »

Most D2D's have a start date for a reason, and NO, no one should be doing them early just because.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Rommagic »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
15 Oct 2021, 16:07
Most D2D's have a start date for a reason, and NO, no one should be doing them early just because.
I thought so.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by yellowbelly »

One of our blokes did this once, there were 4 D2D's, he nested them and put the three smaller ones in the larger A4
and then folded it and put them all in the frame.

Come Monday there was a drama and one of the smaller ones was pulled, cue much p**s taking when
he had to extract all the D2D's from the frame and pull the offending D2D out of the folded A4.
Leaflets everywhere........
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by ted_e_bear »

As stupid as it might be for someone to do it I'd imagine it is allowed providing they aren't delivered before next week when they're due.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Rommagic »

They are delivering them today when due from Monday.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by ted_e_bear »

Rommagic wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 05:18
They are delivering them today when due from Monday.
Definitely not allowed then, if I remember correctly it cropped up on here ages ago that someone got into trouble as a shop was running a promotion starting the following week but got people in waving vouchers (on d2ds) at them on the Saturday before it started.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by rambo1 »

Rommagic wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 05:18
They are delivering them today when due from Monday.
Conduct code offence. As bad as not delivering them. If they get caught, they will be conduct coded.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Rommagic »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 10:39
Rommagic wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 05:18
They are delivering them today when due from Monday.
Conduct code offence. As bad as not delivering them. If they get caught, they will be conduct coded.
Thought so they stupid doing it.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by korky »

yet management tell others who's been on holiday for a fortnight to deliver the expired ones that the covering posties didn't do :crazy:
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Rommagic »

korky wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 13:34
yet management tell others who's been on holiday for a fortnight to deliver the expired ones that the covering posties didn't do :crazy:
Very true.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I don't see "Prepping" them a problem, although that early there's probably a good chance they plan on delivering them. I've know "Old & Bold" Posties to be several days ahead of themselves with households :shock: ..... yet managers never do anything. :no no

Whilst waiting for a late truck I've often thrown off some of Monday's households (But I push them right to the back) and just pull Saturday's mail when I go out. :angel

My main problem is when my DOC finishes Mega-Early on a Monday and only throws off a single column when he's got RM time to throw off more. Also when I've got a close packed area and he leaves the odd address (must save him valuable seconds) where as I'd do them all in one hit!

If I don't leave the households on my frame in a visible postion he trys the old "Oh I thought you'd prepped them all"! routine. :arrrghhh

Sometimes our colleagues seem to cause us mor aggro than the Managers? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by Wolf91 »

korky wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 13:34
yet management tell others who's been on holiday for a fortnight to deliver the expired ones that the covering posties didn't do :crazy:
This. :crazy: :crazy:
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: Is this allowed?

Post by pieoftheday »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
16 Oct 2021, 14:21
I don't see "Prepping" them a problem, although that early there's probably a good chance they plan on delivering them. I've know "Old & Bold" Posties to be several days ahead of themselves with households :shock: ..... yet managers never do anything. :no no

Whilst waiting for a late truck I've often thrown off some of Monday's households (But I push them right to the back) and just pull Saturday's mail when I go out. :angel

My main problem is when my DOC finishes Mega-Early on a Monday and only throws off a single column when he's got RM time to throw off more. Also when I've got a close packed area and he leaves the odd address (must save him valuable seconds) where as I'd do them all in one hit!

If I don't leave the households on my frame in a visible postion he trys the old "Oh I thought you'd prepped them all"! routine. :arrrghhh

Sometimes our colleagues seem to cause us mor aggro than the Managers? :cuppa
With the revisions all d2ds should be thrown in Monday, if you do it the Saturday before then you are job spoiling, end of....