ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this allowed?
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Is this allowed?
Too be throwing next weeks door2doors in on a Friday afternoon?.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Re: Is this allowed?
I thought the door2doors company have paid for them too get delivered from the 18th October not the Saturday before the 16th.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this allowed?
Most D2D's have a start date for a reason, and NO, no one should be doing them early just because.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this allowed?
One of our blokes did this once, there were 4 D2D's, he nested them and put the three smaller ones in the larger A4
and then folded it and put them all in the frame.
Come Monday there was a drama and one of the smaller ones was pulled, cue much p**s taking when
he had to extract all the D2D's from the frame and pull the offending D2D out of the folded A4.
Leaflets everywhere........
and then folded it and put them all in the frame.
Come Monday there was a drama and one of the smaller ones was pulled, cue much p**s taking when
he had to extract all the D2D's from the frame and pull the offending D2D out of the folded A4.
Leaflets everywhere........
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this allowed?
As stupid as it might be for someone to do it I'd imagine it is allowed providing they aren't delivered before next week when they're due.
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Re: Is this allowed?
They are delivering them today when due from Monday.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this allowed?
Definitely not allowed then, if I remember correctly it cropped up on here ages ago that someone got into trouble as a shop was running a promotion starting the following week but got people in waving vouchers (on d2ds) at them on the Saturday before it started.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Is this allowed?
yet management tell others who's been on holiday for a fortnight to deliver the expired ones that the covering posties didn't do 
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this allowed?
I don't see "Prepping" them a problem, although that early there's probably a good chance they plan on delivering them. I've know "Old & Bold" Posties to be several days ahead of themselves with households
..... yet managers never do anything.
Whilst waiting for a late truck I've often thrown off some of Monday's households (But I push them right to the back) and just pull Saturday's mail when I go out.
My main problem is when my DOC finishes Mega-Early on a Monday and only throws off a single column when he's got RM time to throw off more. Also when I've got a close packed area and he leaves the odd address (must save him valuable seconds) where as I'd do them all in one hit!
If I don't leave the households on my frame in a visible postion he trys the old "Oh I thought you'd prepped them all"! routine.
Sometimes our colleagues seem to cause us mor aggro than the Managers?
Whilst waiting for a late truck I've often thrown off some of Monday's households (But I push them right to the back) and just pull Saturday's mail when I go out.
My main problem is when my DOC finishes Mega-Early on a Monday and only throws off a single column when he's got RM time to throw off more. Also when I've got a close packed area and he leaves the odd address (must save him valuable seconds) where as I'd do them all in one hit!
If I don't leave the households on my frame in a visible postion he trys the old "Oh I thought you'd prepped them all"! routine.
Sometimes our colleagues seem to cause us mor aggro than the Managers?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Wolf91
- Posts: 506
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
- Gender: Male
-
pieoftheday
- Posts: 1843
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Is this allowed?
With the revisions all d2ds should be thrown in Monday, if you do it the Saturday before then you are job spoiling, end of....Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑16 Oct 2021, 14:21I don't see "Prepping" them a problem, although that early there's probably a good chance they plan on delivering them. I've know "Old & Bold" Posties to be several days ahead of themselves with households..... yet managers never do anything.
![]()
Whilst waiting for a late truck I've often thrown off some of Monday's households (But I push them right to the back) and just pull Saturday's mail when I go out.![]()
My main problem is when my DOC finishes Mega-Early on a Monday and only throws off a single column when he's got RM time to throw off more. Also when I've got a close packed area and he leaves the odd address (must save him valuable seconds) where as I'd do them all in one hit!
If I don't leave the households on my frame in a visible postion he trys the old "Oh I thought you'd prepped them all"! routine.
Sometimes our colleagues seem to cause us mor aggro than the Managers?![]()