ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Dindin »

I said it should have been surcharged. They said otherwise. It was posted in England
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

If it was posted in England the Jersey Post local stamps are not valid and they should have been surcharged as far as I can see.

However, if posted in Jersey with a mixture of local stamps and Royal Mail, then they shouldn't.

So yeah, I agree with you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Parmyarmy25
Posts: 35
Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Parmyarmy25 »

Maybe somebody bought the stamps while in Jersey and brought them back to uk
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Dindin »

Dom said it was ok . I think he's wrong .
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by yellowbelly »

Dindin wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 15:07
Dom said it was ok . I think he's wrong .
Your DOM needs to have a look at the Royal Mail Website:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... sle-of-man
Please be aware:

You don’t need to put an Air Mail label on items sent to the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
Stamps bought in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man can’t be used in the UK
UK postage stamps can’t be used to send items in or from the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
If posting from the UK, a UK return address should be used for undeliverable items
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

It’s got this far deliver the fkin thing is what we are told when u pull out letters/parcels that should be surcharged.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by NWpostie »

I'm off to watch paint dry..... its far more interesting than this topic :whistle
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Dindin »

NWpostie wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:19
I'm off to watch paint dry..... its far more interesting than this topic :whistle
Would you expect loads of jersey coins for your wages NW?
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Dindin »

Dindin wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:22
NWpostie wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:19
I'm off to watch paint dry..... its far more interesting than this topic :whistle
Would you execpt loads of jersey coins for your wages NW?
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Dindin »

Exept
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by yellowbelly »

Dindin wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:23
Exept
Accept?
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by Dindin »

yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:31
Dindin wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:23
Exept
Accept?
Thanks
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by yellowbelly »

Dindin wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:32
yellowbelly wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:31
Dindin wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:23
Exept
Accept?
Thanks
I'm trying to keep my brain alive as I'm trying to ignore the drivel of Love Island, overruled 2 to 1 in the remote
control stakes at the moment.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by ted_e_bear »

I'd agree you're correct but I'd just forget about it, I'm all for an easy life can't be bothered with arguing with the folk I work with.
Last edited by ted_e_bear on 31 Jul 2021, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

NWpostie wrote: ↑
30 Jul 2021, 21:19
I'm off to watch paint dry..... its far more interesting than this topic :whistle
Yet your post added nothing to the thread, is it more or less interesting now.

Although this seems a recent "thing" at the moment to add to threads people aren't interested in, seems a bit condescending to my but there you go.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.