ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
I said it should have been surcharged. They said otherwise. It was posted in England
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
If it was posted in England the Jersey Post local stamps are not valid and they should have been surcharged as far as I can see.
However, if posted in Jersey with a mixture of local stamps and Royal Mail, then they shouldn't.
So yeah, I agree with you.
However, if posted in Jersey with a mixture of local stamps and Royal Mail, then they shouldn't.
So yeah, I agree with you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Parmyarmy25
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 19:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
Maybe somebody bought the stamps while in Jersey and brought them back to uk
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
Dom said it was ok . I think he's wrong .
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
Your DOM needs to have a look at the Royal Mail Website:
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... sle-of-man
Please be aware:
You don’t need to put an Air Mail label on items sent to the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
Stamps bought in the Channel Islands or Isle of Man can’t be used in the UK
UK postage stamps can’t be used to send items in or from the Channel Islands or Isle of Man
If posting from the UK, a UK return address should be used for undeliverable items
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
It’s got this far deliver the fkin thing is what we are told when u pull out letters/parcels that should be surcharged.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
I'm off to watch paint dry..... its far more interesting than this topic 
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
I'd agree you're correct but I'd just forget about it, I'm all for an easy life can't be bothered with arguing with the folk I work with.
Last edited by ted_e_bear on 31 Jul 2021, 09:04, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Letter with jersey stamps and royal mail stamps
Yet your post added nothing to the thread, is it more or less interesting now.
Although this seems a recent "thing" at the moment to add to threads people aren't interested in, seems a bit condescending to my but there you go.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.