If Corbyn goes, its of no consequence to me who they elect as leader to replace him - I'll never vote Labour again.fishtank wrote:
Who takes over from him should be your biggest priority now.
Would be time for a new party of the Left in my view - with the Tories, Lib Dems and Labour all occupying the same ground (as indeed, they do today).
I was only thinking earlier as I was out delivering, how is it that the Tories are being let off the hook for their massive shortcomings ? I mean, what do the Conservatives stand for these days ? Does anyone know ? The free market perhaps ? How is it then that only today the "independant" Bank of England has intervened to enable the banks to create more fractional reserve debt ?
Do they stand for meritocracy then perhaps ? Not when we have the worst figures in the western world for social mobility bar none.
Economic stability/a safe pair of economic hands etc ? Zero hours contracts,historic levels of public and private debt, property (and other asset) bubbles, social and economic exclusion on a grand scale.
I was thinking to myself, how is it possible that they are able to get away with this, seemingly unchallenged by the Labour Party.
And then I realised why - the Labour Party cannot go on the offensive because they have been guilty of the exact same incompetence and have implemented the exact same policies, thereby politically neutering themselves and rendering themselves silent.
The Labour Party have compromised themselves so much to middle England voters, in order to gain power, that they have not only betrayed (Scotland) vast swathes of their natural heartlands - they have effectively rendered themselves useless as an opposition. They have provided no alternative to the status quo - and if you think thats in question, have a good read of tommorrows Chilcott Report.
Corbyn is the alternative.




