Yes. And they can. Because there are enough available for a majority shareholding to be had. THAT'S the point.banner18 wrote:Yes, they are the biggest shareholder was the point. Things will change a lot if a bigger company buys a majority of the shares.UnhappyGremlin wrote:As I said earlier on this thread, the Government retained 38% of shares.banner18 wrote:They own 63% I think. Of course they arent state owned now, I just said technically because gov is the biggest shareholder.UnhappyGremlin wrote:How can a privatised company be technically state owned?
They can be out voted on any issue.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
To those that don't believe our terms are under threat
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: To those that don't believe our terms are under threat
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
Glider
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 13:06
- Gender: Male
Re: To those that don't believe our terms are under threat
A question to Dingo or TrueBlueTerrier, under Royal Mails so called offer just what work are they guaranteeing
for delivery offices for the next three years?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: To those that don't believe our terms are under threat
Nothing. They are not guaranteeing any work. What a strange question.Glider wrote:A question to Dingo or TrueBlueTerrier, under Royal Mails so called offer just what work are they guaranteeingfor delivery offices for the next three years?
Perhaps you have become confused with the terms. What is being guaranteed, but no agreement for how long yet, is that all current agreements and T&Cs and and any new agreed ones, are protected. The sticking point is the No strike agreement, and the length of time the guarantee will last.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.