ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

To those that don't believe our terms are under threat

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: To those that don't believe our terms are under threat

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

banner18 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
banner18 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:How can a privatised company be technically state owned?
They own 63% I think. Of course they arent state owned now, I just said technically because gov is the biggest shareholder.
As I said earlier on this thread, the Government retained 38% of shares.
They can be out voted on any issue.
Yes, they are the biggest shareholder was the point. Things will change a lot if a bigger company buys a majority of the shares.
Yes. And they can. Because there are enough available for a majority shareholding to be had. THAT'S the point.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Glider
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Oct 2009, 13:06
Gender: Male

Re: To those that don't believe our terms are under threat

Post by Glider »

A question to Dingo or TrueBlueTerrier, under Royal Mails so called offer just what work are they guaranteeing ;liar for delivery offices for the next three years?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: To those that don't believe our terms are under threat

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Glider wrote:A question to Dingo or TrueBlueTerrier, under Royal Mails so called offer just what work are they guaranteeing ;liar for delivery offices for the next three years?
Nothing. They are not guaranteeing any work. What a strange question.

Perhaps you have become confused with the terms. What is being guaranteed, but no agreement for how long yet, is that all current agreements and T&Cs and and any new agreed ones, are protected. The sticking point is the No strike agreement, and the length of time the guarantee will last.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.