Have you tried on the waterproof trousers? They are something else. The ones I ordered would fit two of my legs into one trouser leg.massdebate121 wrote:DGH wrote:The trousers are probably the best.greengiant wrote:Red shirts for the poor souls who got beamed down to a class M planet for their lapsing...
It really is down to choice. I must say, as a woman, the trousers are a terrible fit. i'm very skinny, and the trousers look like M.C Hammer pants on me.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Yep only mc hammer could pull off the waterproof trousersInterested-seeker wrote:Have you tried on the waterproof trousers? They are something else. The ones I ordered would fit two of my legs into one trouser leg.massdebate121 wrote:DGH wrote:The trousers are probably the best.greengiant wrote:Red shirts for the poor souls who got beamed down to a class M planet for their lapsing...
It really is down to choice. I must say, as a woman, the trousers are a terrible fit. i'm very skinny, and the trousers look like M.C Hammer pants on me.
-
postbuster
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 14 Jun 2017, 12:58
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Hi, sorry to drag this topic back but how are the sizes?
I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.
Cheers!
I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.
Cheers!
-
Mezza
- Posts: 405
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
- Location: West London
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Not sure exactly how old this is, or if it has been superceded. I've also read it in a RM document somewhere.
Polo shirts are not to be worn by staff in a customer facing role - ie callers office staff.
See page 5.
http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/royal20ma ... dard20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Polo shirts are not to be worn by staff in a customer facing role - ie callers office staff.
See page 5.
http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/royal20ma ... dard20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
Red polo. The extra pockets in the trousers make up for the lack of shirt pockets!
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
The red polos are better fitting than the blue shirts. My medium blue shirt was massive on me compared to my medium red polo. Plus the dirt never really comes out of the blue shirts. Mind you the red polos don't stay red for too long!Smatthew wrote:Hi, sorry to drag this topic back but how are the sizes?
I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.
Cheers!
-
Mellican
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 00:50
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
The red polos in medium are a good medium fit, the blue shirts are big. The fleece fits nice as a medium, the kagoule and stormproof are like tents on me (in medium).Smatthew wrote:Hi, sorry to drag this topic back but how are the sizes?
I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.
Cheers!
I got 3 polos and 2 shirts but hardly wear the shirts.
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
The shirts come up big when new,but after a few washes shrink & (on me at least) are too tight. Rubbish they are! 
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
The whole uniform makes us all look like clowns I remember when you used to be measured up for a uniform and had a cap and tie and you had to ware it with boots shined every day.
-
grandypants
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
While were on it bring back the Harrington jacket, ben Sherman shirts and the waistcoat (gilet) better than the rubbish now
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Blue Shirt or Red Polo
I like the shirts because they've got pockets.