ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Interested-seeker »

massdebate121 wrote:
DGH wrote:
greengiant wrote:Red shirts for the poor souls who got beamed down to a class M planet for their lapsing... :Boo hoo!
The trousers are probably the best.

It really is down to choice. I must say, as a woman, the trousers are a terrible fit. i'm very skinny, and the trousers look like M.C Hammer pants on me.
Have you tried on the waterproof trousers? They are something else. The ones I ordered would fit two of my legs into one trouser leg.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Jpro747 »

Interested-seeker wrote:
massdebate121 wrote:
DGH wrote:
greengiant wrote:Red shirts for the poor souls who got beamed down to a class M planet for their lapsing... :Boo hoo!
The trousers are probably the best.

It really is down to choice. I must say, as a woman, the trousers are a terrible fit. i'm very skinny, and the trousers look like M.C Hammer pants on me.
Have you tried on the waterproof trousers? They are something else. The ones I ordered would fit two of my legs into one trouser leg.
Yep only mc hammer could pull off the waterproof trousers :left:
postbuster
Posts: 41
Joined: 14 Jun 2017, 12:58
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by postbuster »

Hi, sorry to drag this topic back but how are the sizes?

I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.

Cheers!
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Mezza »

Not sure exactly how old this is, or if it has been superceded. I've also read it in a RM document somewhere.

Polo shirts are not to be worn by staff in a customer facing role - ie callers office staff.

See page 5.

http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/royal20ma ... dard20.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by WOBBLY »

Red polo. The extra pockets in the trousers make up for the lack of shirt pockets!
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by kookoo32 »

Smatthew wrote:Hi, sorry to drag this topic back but how are the sizes?

I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.

Cheers!
The red polos are better fitting than the blue shirts. My medium blue shirt was massive on me compared to my medium red polo. Plus the dirt never really comes out of the blue shirts. Mind you the red polos don't stay red for too long!
Mellican
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Aug 2016, 00:50
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Mellican »

Smatthew wrote:Hi, sorry to drag this topic back but how are the sizes?

I'm ordering uniform soon and wondered if I need to order a size smaller/larger than my usual? Also for the polos/shirts. Is it best to order a mixture? As I can order 5 tops in total.

Cheers!
The red polos in medium are a good medium fit, the blue shirts are big. The fleece fits nice as a medium, the kagoule and stormproof are like tents on me (in medium).
I got 3 polos and 2 shirts but hardly wear the shirts.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by Cedar_Room »

The shirts come up big when new,but after a few washes shrink & (on me at least) are too tight. Rubbish they are! :crazy:
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by k979aaa »

The whole uniform makes us all look like clowns I remember when you used to be measured up for a uniform and had a cap and tie and you had to ware it with boots shined every day.
grandypants
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 74
Joined: 29 Dec 2015, 21:34
Gender: Male

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by grandypants »

While were on it bring back the Harrington jacket, ben Sherman shirts and the waistcoat (gilet) better than the rubbish now
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Blue Shirt or Red Polo

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I like the shirts because they've got pockets.