ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Voluntary Redundancy

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Rommagic
Posts: 1518
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52

Re: Voluntary Redundancy

Post by Rommagic »

Cwu not happy with EVR being offered because it means job cuts.
zola4ever
Posts: 74
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
Gender: Male
Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE

Re: Voluntary Redundancy

Post by zola4ever »

I put my name down for EVR in December last. Heard nothing, would bite their hand off to go !! :arrrghhh
posty30
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 17:58
Gender: Male

Voluntary Redundancy

Post by posty30 »

Hi all,

I have been a posty for a year and half now. Six months as agency and a year directly employed by the royal mail. As most of you will know the business is trying to run on minimum staff relying on the posties to do the overtime. A large majority of my fellow posties are struggling with the stress some are off sick.

I have heard that my DO is planning a revision in April and have got to cut 120hrs so roughly 4-5 jobs. I am employed on a 25hr permanent contract.

I am thinking of trying to get out in April before it gets worse. Do you think I have any bargaining power with regards to VR even though I have been with the business only a year? I know some the senior posties want a big lump sum to go but I would quite happily do them a favour and clear off for 3 months pay! Would I have a chance?

Any advice please?

Thanks.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72760
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Voluntary Redundancy

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Sorry No - Voluntary redundancies are offered on Senioirty.

You can of course apply and if no one elese applies you might get lucky, but I am afraid you have no barganing power as your suggestion if accepted would be against current agreements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
posty30
Posts: 4
Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 17:58
Gender: Male

Voluntary Redundancy

Post by posty30 »

OK thankyou for the advice.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Voluntary Redundancy

Post by eastie »

How much VR would you get for 11 years service ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72760
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Voluntary Redundancy

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

eastie wrote:How much VR would you get for 11 years service?
The only offer them if there is a preference exercise and they also give a non-binding estimate to those expressing an interest.

But a rough guide is here http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=65698" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.