ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Voluntary Redundancy
-
Rommagic
- Posts: 1518
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 16:52
Re: Voluntary Redundancy
Cwu not happy with EVR being offered because it means job cuts.
-
zola4ever
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 14:58
- Gender: Male
- Location: NORTH OF PENZANCE
Re: Voluntary Redundancy
I put my name down for EVR in December last. Heard nothing, would bite their hand off to go !! 
-
posty30
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Voluntary Redundancy
Hi all,
I have been a posty for a year and half now. Six months as agency and a year directly employed by the royal mail. As most of you will know the business is trying to run on minimum staff relying on the posties to do the overtime. A large majority of my fellow posties are struggling with the stress some are off sick.
I have heard that my DO is planning a revision in April and have got to cut 120hrs so roughly 4-5 jobs. I am employed on a 25hr permanent contract.
I am thinking of trying to get out in April before it gets worse. Do you think I have any bargaining power with regards to VR even though I have been with the business only a year? I know some the senior posties want a big lump sum to go but I would quite happily do them a favour and clear off for 3 months pay! Would I have a chance?
Any advice please?
Thanks.
I have been a posty for a year and half now. Six months as agency and a year directly employed by the royal mail. As most of you will know the business is trying to run on minimum staff relying on the posties to do the overtime. A large majority of my fellow posties are struggling with the stress some are off sick.
I have heard that my DO is planning a revision in April and have got to cut 120hrs so roughly 4-5 jobs. I am employed on a 25hr permanent contract.
I am thinking of trying to get out in April before it gets worse. Do you think I have any bargaining power with regards to VR even though I have been with the business only a year? I know some the senior posties want a big lump sum to go but I would quite happily do them a favour and clear off for 3 months pay! Would I have a chance?
Any advice please?
Thanks.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Voluntary Redundancy
Sorry No - Voluntary redundancies are offered on Senioirty.
You can of course apply and if no one elese applies you might get lucky, but I am afraid you have no barganing power as your suggestion if accepted would be against current agreements.
You can of course apply and if no one elese applies you might get lucky, but I am afraid you have no barganing power as your suggestion if accepted would be against current agreements.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
posty30
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 10 Apr 2015, 17:58
- Gender: Male
Voluntary Redundancy
OK thankyou for the advice.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Voluntary Redundancy
How much VR would you get for 11 years service ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72760
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Voluntary Redundancy
The only offer them if there is a preference exercise and they also give a non-binding estimate to those expressing an interest.eastie wrote:How much VR would you get for 11 years service?
But a rough guide is here http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=65698" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.