ThisCut Off King wrote:Are you sure it hadn't just fallen out of your pocket and you were just picking it back up ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
£20 note!
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: £20 note!
With Killersurfbunny's " 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity" tantamount to a prompt guilty plea and if he has no previous convictions and if his defence can claim "of good character"royalmailslave wrote:ThisCut Off King wrote:Are you sure it hadn't just fallen out of your pocket and you were just picking it back up ?
-
edwards87
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 13:36
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
I found a wallet with £50 inside on my round last year. We drove to the address on the drivers licence on the way back and he came to the door, said "oh....thanks" and went back in. Kind of wish I'd kept the money in hindsight.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: £20 note!
So too the original poster why in gods name would you incriminate yourself by posting this online some people are thick as pig s**t!
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: £20 note!
Couple of jobs ago as a manager,another manager left 37k(takings) in the"day safe"
Basically a daft wooden box.
I could have taken the security tapes,pinned it on the daft bugger.
Instead I banked it, called him and told him he owed me a pint.
It wasn't mine so I wasn't Interested.
Different story when I'm owed dockett ,that's mine.

Basically a daft wooden box.
I could have taken the security tapes,pinned it on the daft bugger.
Instead I banked it, called him and told him he owed me a pint.
It wasn't mine so I wasn't Interested.
Different story when I'm owed dockett ,that's mine.
I won
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: £20 note!
It wasn't mine so I wasn't interested........
Exactly

Exactly
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: £20 note!
Yes, a few of us on here are old enough to have known life in Britain before no-such-thing-as-society ThatcherPat Ostman wrote:It wasn't mine so I wasn't interested........
Exactly
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: £20 note!
Indeed, and "Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity" translates as 'I soon realised I was a thief'.k979aaa wrote:So too the original poster why in gods name would you incriminate yourself by posting this online some people are thick as pig s**t!
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: £20 note!
And could the prostate cancer charity also be charged with receiving stolen goods?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: £20 note!
Only if they knew that to be so which they most likely didn't.clashcityrocker wrote:And could the prostate cancer charity also be charged with receiving stolen goods?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: £20 note!
and only if he used the same £20 note.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: £20 note!
And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the (strong) possibility of there being traces of cocaine on the note.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: £20 note!
Not strong enough sadlyclashcityrocker wrote:And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the (strong) possibility of there being traces of cocaine on the note.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
So, what are you supposed to do with this £20 note, if I put it in my pocket I'm a thief, If I don't put it n my pocket where am I going to put it to keep it safe until I finish my walk and do the jolly good thing of taking to the nearest police station that is open (in my case 8 miles away) Do I hold it my hand and risk putting it through a letter box with mail, do I ask someone for a pin to pin on my coat/shirt or do I work one handed making sure the note is in my hand and held high above my head so everybody knows I'm not a thief. feck it, I'm off to the pub.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: £20 note!
It's not theft by finding to have an offence of theft you have to have a loser,victim and that person as to be able to prove the note was theirs ie know serial number. To be on the safe side if you hand it in at a police stn you would get it back after I think or it used to be 28 day's that may have changed.