ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£20 note!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by royalmailslave »

Cut Off King wrote:Are you sure it hadn't just fallen out of your pocket and you were just picking it back up ?
This :dance
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: £20 note!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

royalmailslave wrote:
Cut Off King wrote:Are you sure it hadn't just fallen out of your pocket and you were just picking it back up ?
This :dance
With Killersurfbunny's " 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity" tantamount to a prompt guilty plea and if he has no previous convictions and if his defence can claim "of good character" :crazy: then surely there's a reasonable chance that he will get away with a suspended sentence. :Very Happy
edwards87
Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Dec 2012, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by edwards87 »

I found a wallet with £50 inside on my round last year. We drove to the address on the drivers licence on the way back and he came to the door, said "oh....thanks" and went back in. Kind of wish I'd kept the money in hindsight.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: £20 note!

Post by k979aaa »

So too the original poster why in gods name would you incriminate yourself by posting this online some people are thick as pig s**t!
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: £20 note!

Post by spiderj »

Couple of jobs ago as a manager,another manager left 37k(takings) in the"day safe"
Basically a daft wooden box.
I could have taken the security tapes,pinned it on the daft bugger.

Instead I banked it, called him and told him he owed me a pint.

It wasn't mine so I wasn't Interested.

Different story when I'm owed dockett ,that's mine.
:nana
I won
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: £20 note!

Post by Pat Ostman »

It wasn't mine so I wasn't interested........



Exactly

:Applause
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: £20 note!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Pat Ostman wrote:It wasn't mine so I wasn't interested........



Exactly

:Applause
Yes, a few of us on here are old enough to have known life in Britain before no-such-thing-as-society Thatcher :nana and don't just think of ourselves. :Very Happy
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: £20 note!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

k979aaa wrote:So too the original poster why in gods name would you incriminate yourself by posting this online some people are thick as pig s**t!
Indeed, and "Incidentally 'cos this has been bugging me ever since I donated £20 to prostate cancer charity" translates as 'I soon realised I was a thief'. :crazy: .
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £20 note!

Post by clashcityrocker »

And could the prostate cancer charity also be charged with receiving stolen goods?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: £20 note!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

clashcityrocker wrote:And could the prostate cancer charity also be charged with receiving stolen goods?
Only if they knew that to be so which they most likely didn't. :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: £20 note!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

and only if he used the same £20 note.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £20 note!

Post by clashcityrocker »

And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the (strong) possibility of there being traces of cocaine on the note.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: £20 note!

Post by Pat Ostman »

clashcityrocker wrote:And I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the (strong) possibility of there being traces of cocaine on the note.
Not strong enough sadly
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by dblad »

So, what are you supposed to do with this £20 note, if I put it in my pocket I'm a thief, If I don't put it n my pocket where am I going to put it to keep it safe until I finish my walk and do the jolly good thing of taking to the nearest police station that is open (in my case 8 miles away) Do I hold it my hand and risk putting it through a letter box with mail, do I ask someone for a pin to pin on my coat/shirt or do I work one handed making sure the note is in my hand and held high above my head so everybody knows I'm not a thief. feck it, I'm off to the pub.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: £20 note!

Post by terry2972 »

It's not theft by finding to have an offence of theft you have to have a loser,victim and that person as to be able to prove the note was theirs ie know serial number. To be on the safe side if you hand it in at a police stn you would get it back after I think or it used to be 28 day's that may have changed.