ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
culture , lapsing ?
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
I don’t understand why people get upset and stressed? You can’t complete on time simply tell your manager ASAP like whilst prepping it ain’t happening,that’s it, no drama, no lapsing.
Happens nearly everyday in our office easy overtime for those that want extra.
Happens nearly everyday in our office easy overtime for those that want extra.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
Does it take a few weeks to be able to see how much you have and KNOW you won’t be able to deliver? I mean you could easily think yeah that’s manageable and just have underestimated (newb btw)deetee wrote:I don’t understand why people get upset and stressed? You can’t complete on time simply tell your manager ASAP like whilst prepping it ain’t happening,that’s it, no drama, no lapsing.
Happens nearly everyday in our office easy overtime for those that want extra.
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
Oh okay thank you. Hopefully the training is good unlike my last job.
I wouldn't hold your breath! I've been a postie for over a year now and never had any training.
I wouldn't hold your breath! I've been a postie for over a year now and never had any training.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
Training at RM seems to be a thing of the past , you just get chucked in at the deep in now. Used to have 3 days training but that's a thing of the past.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
Well then if I f**k something up due to no training and someone says anything to me They’ll be getting told where to gohothothot wrote:Training at RM seems to be a thing of the past , you just get chucked in at the deep in now. Used to have 3 days training but that's a thing of the past.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
culture , lapsing ?
You must have been in a good office with a decent manager. I can hear it now when I wasnt able to do my lapsing or complete my delivery.Why cant you do it? Theres no mail! All the others are doing theirs! You are not up the job! etc etc. In the end the constant arguing used to grind me down.deetee wrote:I don’t understand why people get upset and stressed? You can’t complete on time simply tell your manager ASAP like whilst prepping it ain’t happening,that’s it, no drama, no lapsing.
Happens nearly everyday in our office easy overtime for those that want extra.
Well at least I dont have to put up with this crap anymore.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
Another every office is run different thing. Some offices you will just be told 'it starts there'. In our DO you get a minimum of one day training and usually two days on the rurals. Might get a third day on rurals if you mess up on your own or you still haven't got it in your head.Glp28357 wrote:Oh okay thank you. Hopefully the training is good unlike my last job.
I wouldn't hold your breath! I've been a postie for over a year now and never had any training.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
mattjo1@talktalk.net
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 20 Jun 2014, 21:11
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
We run -
New starter- 6 weeks on one round
Commercial - 1 days training
Rural - 3 days training
Town round - 0 days training
New starter- 6 weeks on one round
Commercial - 1 days training
Rural - 3 days training
Town round - 0 days training
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
I may be wrong but i think its an all year round thing resource to work-load so you can lapse absorb all year round. The bottom line is take your PAID breaks start on time then if you finish early and have to do more so be it and if you finish late claim O/T or tell the manager you will not complete but then do not cry when you are made to work to your time if you finish early. PDA actuals are being used they know everything we do, we are paid well with good terms and conditions our union have cut our working week by an hour that should mean most of us have very little wriggle room and as TP said end most lapsing.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
It's meant to be resource to workload but increasingly in my office and I'm sure most others its resource to sicknesscpsteve wrote:I may be wrong but i think its an all year round thing resource to work-load so you can lapse absorb all year round. The bottom line is take your PAID breaks start on time then if you finish early and have to do more so be it and if you finish late claim O/T or tell the manager you will not complete but then do not cry when you are made to work to your time if you finish early. PDA actuals are being used they know everything we do, we are paid well with good terms and conditions our union have cut our working week by an hour that should mean most of us have very little wriggle room and as TP said end most lapsing.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
culture , lapsing ?
How do you know where to go?mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:
Town round - 0 days training
-
Glp28357
- Posts: 85
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 22:27
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
NewPostieUK wrote:How do you know where to go?mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:
Town round - 0 days training
I commented to a colleague last summer that I'd never had any training. He asked how long I'd lived in the town and I told him "about 4 years". He replied "That's your training"! That's how you know where to go, although if you don't work in the town where you live, it won't be that simple.
-
Rapidryan88
- Posts: 167
- Joined: 26 Apr 2018, 13:04
- Gender: Male
culture , lapsing ?
So, no training for town round but if you do it wrong you’re in trouble cause you should know it as you live near? Seems Extremely unfair.Glp28357 wrote:NewPostieUK wrote:How do you know where to go?mattjo1@talktalk.net wrote:
Town round - 0 days training
I commented to a colleague last summer that I'd never had any training. He asked how long I'd lived in the town and I told him "about 4 years". He replied "That's your training"! That's how you know where to go, although if you don't work in the town where you live, it won't be that simple.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
culture , lapsing ?
I'd never even been to the town I work in until I became a postman.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
culture , lapsing ?
I just cannot get my head round where it seems that new posties get little if no training whatsoever,as with any new job you need to be shown the ropes,ok you may say its only putting letters through letterboxes,but there is an awful lot more to this job,and to throw newbys in at the deep end with no training is grossly unfair. 