ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
I'm with you on this one. My non-driving partner is a tremendous team mate, one of the best postmen in the office.If he's first back from his loop he'll nip off with nearby large parcels on foot, organise the next bags, come and find me and help out etc. If i need to shoot off to do specials or large parcels then I just leave him with a couple of bags and a LWT and pick him up later. No problems, no arguments.worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
It's not so much the driving status of a particular postman, rather their attitude to the job that counts. I've worked with a number of driving posties who are completely useless, selfish and unhelpful.
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
My apologies Kings, i was getting mixed up with poster loverman shagga.Kings Norton wrote:Read my posts again Diamond. I never used the word "Glad" and I have not clicked or put on any smileys. Get your facts right!DiamondSmiles wrote:I think what i am most disappointed with is both LL and Kings have both put 'happy' smilies in their posts when stating they would be glad if some of their colleagues lost their jobs.
Perhaps i have been in the company too long. In the past we supported each other, maybe things are changing now
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
Kings Norton wrote:I'm with a non driver I'm forever carrying him going back helping him even though I have reggies and large packets to do, all I can think of he is taking the mick yapping all day to customers. when he is on leave I normally get another driver with me he jumps in the van goes delivering big packets etc using his loaf. Non drivers are a burden in my eyes they do the same thing day in day out not a care in the world. They won't help the driver its a case of I'm alright jack...They want fetching and carrying everyday.DiamondSmiles wrote:Thanks for the advice Kings. Perhaps you could tell me how RM would go about getting 'rid' of people who can't drive? There is nothing in my contract when i joined the company saying i needed a drivers licence. Offer me a decent EVR and i would go though.Kings Norton wrote:I Agree with Lounge Lizard, if you don't have a licence they will get rid of you they don't want passengers if you can't drive id advice you to start learning now.DiamondSmiles wrote:So you'd be happy if Royal Mail got rid of anybody who can't drive?Lounge Lizard wrote:in a few years there won't be any non-drivers and each of us will have our own van.![]()
Does he do the driver changeover when he jumps in the van to do big packets?
I work with a non-driver ; and he is excellent. We work together as a team.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
f**k you jack I'm alright , well not in our van or delivery anyway ,
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
C,Chelseablue wrote:Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
My comment that “If Royal Mail only want drivers they will find a way of getting rid of the non-drivers” is a factual statement recognising that, just like Telegram Boys or Cycle Mechanics, there will be roles that are no longer required.
That implies no ill will towards any of my non-driving colleagues and IF I didn’t drive given the choice, knowing how the job has gone lately, I would opt for the quite generous redundancy package rather than learning to drive.
I do not accept that such a viewpoint is "in very bad taste" or a "pathetic comment".
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16716
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
Going back to the original post ......
I believe the national agreement says once assigned the use of delivery methods equipment is mandatory.
I also believe each duty should be risk assessed - journey time, terrain, security issues.
Nowhere does it say you can just do what you want for a quiet life.
RM's total inability to manage the park and loop they introduced, and the union's inability to police the agreements they made are glaring examples of why this is such a shockingly bad organisation to work for.
I have seen managers and posties manually loading full trolleys into the back of vans just so people don't have to work together. And then the manager go sick with a bad back.
I believe the national agreement says once assigned the use of delivery methods equipment is mandatory.
I also believe each duty should be risk assessed - journey time, terrain, security issues.
Nowhere does it say you can just do what you want for a quiet life.
RM's total inability to manage the park and loop they introduced, and the union's inability to police the agreements they made are glaring examples of why this is such a shockingly bad organisation to work for.
I have seen managers and posties manually loading full trolleys into the back of vans just so people don't have to work together. And then the manager go sick with a bad back.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
snap we work the same , teamwork .Ozzvaldo wrote:I'm with you on this one. My non-driving partner is a tremendous team mate, one of the best postmen in the office.If he's first back from his loop he'll nip off with nearby large parcels on foot, organise the next bags, come and find me and help out etc. If i need to shoot off to do specials or large parcels then I just leave him with a couple of bags and a LWT and pick him up later. No problems, no arguments.worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
It's not so much the driving status of a particular postman, rather their attitude to the job that counts. I've worked with a number of driving posties who are completely useless, selfish and unhelpful.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
That's great and I'd like every duty I cover to be like that.worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
However, duties vary a lot. Often we get 20+ large parcels that wouldn't fit into even an empty bag. We just have to do what we think is best at the time, driver driving around doing some, doing one each if they are close together, or leaving some in the van for whoever gets back first.
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
yer we have the same we have over 100 pkts and parcels each and duty varies from 6 - 7 hrs a day with 1600 , 1700 calls btw us , yer i do the really big parcels if we cant get in the bags , but we work like that everyday , but theres no issues with what we do and i wouldn't s**t on my mate and i know he wouldn't s**t on me ,NewPostieUK wrote:That's great and I'd like every duty I cover to be like that.worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
However, duties vary a lot. Often we get 20+ large parcels that wouldn't fit into even an empty bag. We just have to do what we think is best at the time, driver driving around doing some, doing one each if they are close together, or leaving some in the van for whoever gets back first.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
We load 2 bags on each trolley with as many packets as possible , it's called TEAM WORKING , why are so many posties scared to us trolleys ? They're not scary and you don't feel any less of a man using the correct delivery methods
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
to right mate , there is to many selfish bastards in this job. well fuckem . come work with me ill show yer how to do the job right . no probs,TheTrolleyMan wrote:We load 2 bags on each trolley with as many packets as possible , it's called TEAM WORKING , why are so many posties scared to us trolleys ? They're not scary and you don't feel any less of a man using the correct delivery methods
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
Lets stop all this arguing,how about going back to bikes!!!!!Lounge Lizard wrote:C,Chelseablue wrote:Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
My comment that “If Royal Mail only want drivers they will find a way of getting rid of the non-drivers” is a factual statement recognising that, just like Telegram Boys or Cycle Mechanics, there will be roles that are no longer required.
That implies no ill will towards any of my non-driving colleagues and IF I didn’t drive given the choice, knowing how the job has gone lately, I would opt for the quite generous redundancy package rather than learning to drive.
I do not accept that such a viewpoint is "in very bad taste" or a "pathetic comment".
-
Villadaft
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
worktotime wrote:snap we work the same , teamwork .Ozzvaldo wrote:I'm with you on this one. My non-driving partner is a tremendous team mate, one of the best postmen in the office.If he's first back from his loop he'll nip off with nearby large parcels on foot, organise the next bags, come and find me and help out etc. If i need to shoot off to do specials or large parcels then I just leave him with a couple of bags and a LWT and pick him up later. No problems, no arguments.worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
It's not so much the driving status of a particular postman, rather their attitude to the job that counts. I've worked with a number of driving posties who are completely useless, selfish and unhelpful.
Same here, my van buddy does a extra loop while I do big packets etc, he works as hard if not a bit more than me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.
No thanksBrandy wrote:Lets stop all this arguing,how about going back to bikes!!!!!Lounge Lizard wrote:C,Chelseablue wrote:Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
My comment that “If Royal Mail only want drivers they will find a way of getting rid of the non-drivers” is a factual statement recognising that, just like Telegram Boys or Cycle Mechanics, there will be roles that are no longer required.
That implies no ill will towards any of my non-driving colleagues and IF I didn’t drive given the choice, knowing how the job has gone lately, I would opt for the quite generous redundancy package rather than learning to drive.
I do not accept that such a viewpoint is "in very bad taste" or a "pathetic comment".
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.