ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by Chelseablue »

Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
Ozzvaldo
Posts: 476
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
Gender: Female

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by Ozzvaldo »

worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
I'm with you on this one. My non-driving partner is a tremendous team mate, one of the best postmen in the office.If he's first back from his loop he'll nip off with nearby large parcels on foot, organise the next bags, come and find me and help out etc. If i need to shoot off to do specials or large parcels then I just leave him with a couple of bags and a LWT and pick him up later. No problems, no arguments.

It's not so much the driving status of a particular postman, rather their attitude to the job that counts. I've worked with a number of driving posties who are completely useless, selfish and unhelpful.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Kings Norton wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:I think what i am most disappointed with is both LL and Kings have both put 'happy' smilies in their posts when stating they would be glad if some of their colleagues lost their jobs.

Perhaps i have been in the company too long. In the past we supported each other, maybe things are changing now :sad:
Read my posts again Diamond. I never used the word "Glad" and I have not clicked or put on any smileys. Get your facts right!
My apologies Kings, i was getting mixed up with poster loverman shagga.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by hampshireman »

Kings Norton wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:
DiamondSmiles wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:in a few years there won't be any non-drivers and each of us will have our own van. :nana :nana
So you'd be happy if Royal Mail got rid of anybody who can't drive?
I Agree with Lounge Lizard, if you don't have a licence they will get rid of you they don't want passengers if you can't drive id advice you to start learning now.
Thanks for the advice Kings. Perhaps you could tell me how RM would go about getting 'rid' of people who can't drive? There is nothing in my contract when i joined the company saying i needed a drivers licence. Offer me a decent EVR and i would go though.
I'm with a non driver I'm forever carrying him going back helping him even though I have reggies and large packets to do, all I can think of he is taking the mick yapping all day to customers. when he is on leave I normally get another driver with me he jumps in the van goes delivering big packets etc using his loaf. Non drivers are a burden in my eyes they do the same thing day in day out not a care in the world. They won't help the driver its a case of I'm alright jack...They want fetching and carrying everyday.

Does he do the driver changeover when he jumps in the van to do big packets?

I work with a non-driver ; and he is excellent. We work together as a team.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by worktotime »

f**k you jack I'm alright , well not in our van or delivery anyway ,
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Chelseablue wrote:Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
C,
My comment that “If Royal Mail only want drivers they will find a way of getting rid of the non-drivers” is a factual statement recognising that, just like Telegram Boys or Cycle Mechanics, there will be roles that are no longer required.
That implies no ill will towards any of my non-driving colleagues and IF I didn’t drive given the choice, knowing how the job has gone lately, I would opt for the quite generous redundancy package rather than learning to drive.
I do not accept that such a viewpoint is "in very bad taste" or a "pathetic comment".
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16716
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by clashcityrocker »

Going back to the original post ......

I believe the national agreement says once assigned the use of delivery methods equipment is mandatory.
I also believe each duty should be risk assessed - journey time, terrain, security issues.
Nowhere does it say you can just do what you want for a quiet life.

RM's total inability to manage the park and loop they introduced, and the union's inability to police the agreements they made are glaring examples of why this is such a shockingly bad organisation to work for.
I have seen managers and posties manually loading full trolleys into the back of vans just so people don't have to work together. And then the manager go sick with a bad back.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by worktotime »

Ozzvaldo wrote:
worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
I'm with you on this one. My non-driving partner is a tremendous team mate, one of the best postmen in the office.If he's first back from his loop he'll nip off with nearby large parcels on foot, organise the next bags, come and find me and help out etc. If i need to shoot off to do specials or large parcels then I just leave him with a couple of bags and a LWT and pick him up later. No problems, no arguments.

It's not so much the driving status of a particular postman, rather their attitude to the job that counts. I've worked with a number of driving posties who are completely useless, selfish and unhelpful.
snap we work the same , teamwork .
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by NewPostieUK »

worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
That's great and I'd like every duty I cover to be like that.

However, duties vary a lot. Often we get 20+ large parcels that wouldn't fit into even an empty bag. We just have to do what we think is best at the time, driver driving around doing some, doing one each if they are close together, or leaving some in the van for whoever gets back first.
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by worktotime »

NewPostieUK wrote:
worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
That's great and I'd like every duty I cover to be like that.

However, duties vary a lot. Often we get 20+ large parcels that wouldn't fit into even an empty bag. We just have to do what we think is best at the time, driver driving around doing some, doing one each if they are close together, or leaving some in the van for whoever gets back first.
yer we have the same we have over 100 pkts and parcels each and duty varies from 6 - 7 hrs a day with 1600 , 1700 calls btw us , yer i do the really big parcels if we cant get in the bags , but we work like that everyday , but theres no issues with what we do and i wouldn't s**t on my mate and i know he wouldn't s**t on me ,
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

We load 2 bags on each trolley with as many packets as possible , it's called TEAM WORKING , why are so many posties scared to us trolleys ? They're not scary and you don't feel any less of a man using the correct delivery methods
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by worktotime »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:We load 2 bags on each trolley with as many packets as possible , it's called TEAM WORKING , why are so many posties scared to us trolleys ? They're not scary and you don't feel any less of a man using the correct delivery methods
to right mate , there is to many selfish bastards in this job. well fuckem . come work with me ill show yer how to do the job right . no probs,
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by Brandy »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
C,
My comment that “If Royal Mail only want drivers they will find a way of getting rid of the non-drivers” is a factual statement recognising that, just like Telegram Boys or Cycle Mechanics, there will be roles that are no longer required.
That implies no ill will towards any of my non-driving colleagues and IF I didn’t drive given the choice, knowing how the job has gone lately, I would opt for the quite generous redundancy package rather than learning to drive.
I do not accept that such a viewpoint is "in very bad taste" or a "pathetic comment".
Lets stop all this arguing,how about going back to bikes!!!!! :Very Happy
Villadaft
Posts: 77
Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
Gender: Male

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by Villadaft »

worktotime wrote:
Ozzvaldo wrote:
worktotime wrote:I'm a driver and I don't find it stressful as me and my p&l partner non driver work together and use lwts on every loop and we haven't carried a bag for about 6 years since p&l and we put parcels and pkts , specials in the bags so we only cover the ground once and you could count on one hand how many times I use the van to deliver stuff , so I cant see a problem unless your carrying bags and delivering parcels out the van to save time ? to do extra work ? why.
I'm with you on this one. My non-driving partner is a tremendous team mate, one of the best postmen in the office.If he's first back from his loop he'll nip off with nearby large parcels on foot, organise the next bags, come and find me and help out etc. If i need to shoot off to do specials or large parcels then I just leave him with a couple of bags and a LWT and pick him up later. No problems, no arguments.

It's not so much the driving status of a particular postman, rather their attitude to the job that counts. I've worked with a number of driving posties who are completely useless, selfish and unhelpful.
snap we work the same , teamwork .

Same here, my van buddy does a extra loop while I do big packets etc, he works as hard if not a bit more than me.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Van Share gone - Trolleys on the way back.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Brandy wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Lounge driver lizard,,,,, your comments were in very bad taste . A selfish pathetic comment , which is of no help to anyone at all . Esp the way things are going . Yeah were all in this battle together,,,
C,
My comment that “If Royal Mail only want drivers they will find a way of getting rid of the non-drivers” is a factual statement recognising that, just like Telegram Boys or Cycle Mechanics, there will be roles that are no longer required.
That implies no ill will towards any of my non-driving colleagues and IF I didn’t drive given the choice, knowing how the job has gone lately, I would opt for the quite generous redundancy package rather than learning to drive.
I do not accept that such a viewpoint is "in very bad taste" or a "pathetic comment".
Lets stop all this arguing,how about going back to bikes!!!!! :Very Happy
No thanks
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.