If you "don't have time" because it's a slightly busier day, maybe speed up a little bit where possible, chat less to customers, and generally don't fanny about as much.
It's surprising how much more you can achieve when you do your job properly.
You get paid to deliver mail within a dedicated delivery area. Deliver it.
People who cut off because they can't be arsed to make an effort, just pile more work onto others.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
is that page 10 or page 12. I can't find it in my "How to make employees feel motivated".
No matter found it - its in the Man Management Document for CMA grades.
No matter found it - its in the Man Management Document for CMA grades.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
So, you know they are 'lazy awkward sods'?CPTNemoUK wrote:Don't think it's the planner they are just lazy awkward sods.clashcityrocker wrote:Then the planner was a tool. (No real surprise there I know)CPTNemoUK wrote:There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
Every van share I have ever seen has a smaller driver loop at some point to allow him/her to do any SD that would otherwise fall after the 1pm deadline.
I have never seen a van share need to leave a SD for someone else to do.
Why do OPGs screw each other over?
-
psyCrowe
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.
I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Well that just about sums it up doesn't it mate? I'd be surprised if you actually are a Postman.Postman[color=#FF0000]Pr@t[/color] wrote:If you "don't have time" because it's a slightly busier day, maybe speed up a little bit where possible, chat less to customers, and generally don't fanny about as much.
It's surprising how much more you can achieve when you do your job properly.
You get paid to deliver mail within a dedicated delivery area. Deliver it.
People who cut off because they can't be arsed to make an effort, just pile more work onto others.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
I do not "fanny about".I pick kids up from school so could not run over my time,we had mail and parcels left from the previous day plus the walk has been tested and was deemed too big anyway.Hold on,why am i even explaining all this to you?PostmanPr@t wrote:If you "don't have time" because it's a slightly busier day, maybe speed up a little bit where possible, chat less to customers, and generally don't fanny about as much.
It's surprising how much more you can achieve when you do your job properly.
You get paid to deliver mail within a dedicated delivery area. Deliver it.
People who cut off because they can't be arsed to make an effort, just pile more work onto others.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
That sounds like a forward thinking manager who knows that the duties have got too big which means on busy days, that they are unachievable. The manager is also responsible for his sections budget, so it's good practice to have.psyCrowe wrote:We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.
I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
Regardless of the managers intentions I wouldn't leave any Mail unless spefically requested in writing or with witnesses, and I also wouldn't commit to taking a certain amount that I think I can finish, you never know what's going to happen once you leave that delivery office.postslippete wrote:That sounds like a forward thinking manager who knows that the duties have got too big which means on busy days, that they are unachievable. The manager is also responsible for his sections budget, so it's good practice to have.psyCrowe wrote:We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.
I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
What happens if you miss judge the amount you should take and have to bring some back ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Cutting off and leaving tracked.
The overrunning deliveries procedure covers that. Basically, you arrange a contact time before leaving the office, or you contact the manager as soon as you realise you can't complete, even if you are already on delivery.South_London_Postie wrote:Regardless of the managers intentions I wouldn't leave any Mail unless spefically requested in writing or with witnesses, and I also wouldn't commit to taking a certain amount that I think I can finish, you never know what's going to happen once you leave that delivery office.postslippete wrote:That sounds like a forward thinking manager who knows that the duties have got too big which means on busy days, that they are unachievable. The manager is also responsible for his sections budget, so it's good practice to have.psyCrowe wrote:We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.
I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
What happens if you miss judge the amount you should take and have to bring some back ?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.