ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PostmanPr@t
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 May 2017, 21:05
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by PostmanPr@t »

If you "don't have time" because it's a slightly busier day, maybe speed up a little bit where possible, chat less to customers, and generally don't fanny about as much.

It's surprising how much more you can achieve when you do your job properly.

You get paid to deliver mail within a dedicated delivery area. Deliver it.

People who cut off because they can't be arsed to make an effort, just pile more work onto others.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

is that page 10 or page 12. I can't find it in my "How to make employees feel motivated".


No matter found it - its in the Man Management Document for CMA grades.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by hampshireman »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Would anyone cut off and leave their Specials?
There's a walk in our office a van share they do the walk how the planner set it out. So if they know they won't be able to get to the special before one, they don't even take it out.
Then the planner was a tool. (No real surprise there I know)
Every van share I have ever seen has a smaller driver loop at some point to allow him/her to do any SD that would otherwise fall after the 1pm deadline.
I have never seen a van share need to leave a SD for someone else to do.
Don't think it's the planner they are just lazy awkward sods.
So, you know they are 'lazy awkward sods'?

Why do OPGs screw each other over?
psyCrowe
Posts: 57
Joined: 23 Feb 2016, 12:28
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by psyCrowe »

We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.

I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Postman[color=#FF0000]Pr@t[/color] wrote:If you "don't have time" because it's a slightly busier day, maybe speed up a little bit where possible, chat less to customers, and generally don't fanny about as much.

It's surprising how much more you can achieve when you do your job properly.

You get paid to deliver mail within a dedicated delivery area. Deliver it.

People who cut off because they can't be arsed to make an effort, just pile more work onto others.
Well that just about sums it up doesn't it mate? I'd be surprised if you actually are a Postman. :shock: If most of us did actually do our job properly (instead of constantly giving large dollops of goodwill to the Company, bugger all would get done! I'd also like to point out that we're not "paid to deliver within a dedicated delivery area" :no no ..... "we're paid to deliver within a dedicated time frame" Prat indeed. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by 2pints »

PostmanPr@t wrote:If you "don't have time" because it's a slightly busier day, maybe speed up a little bit where possible, chat less to customers, and generally don't fanny about as much.

It's surprising how much more you can achieve when you do your job properly.

You get paid to deliver mail within a dedicated delivery area. Deliver it.

People who cut off because they can't be arsed to make an effort, just pile more work onto others.
I do not "fanny about".I pick kids up from school so could not run over my time,we had mail and parcels left from the previous day plus the walk has been tested and was deemed too big anyway.Hold on,why am i even explaining all this to you? :arrrghhh You are obviously either a troll or a manager..or maybe a manager troll? A cross breed,worst of both worlds out to stir the pot.Get a life will ya?
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by postslippete »

psyCrowe wrote:We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.

I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
That sounds like a forward thinking manager who knows that the duties have got too big which means on busy days, that they are unachievable. The manager is also responsible for his sections budget, so it's good practice to have.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
South_London_Postie
Posts: 306
Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
Gender: Male

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by South_London_Postie »

postslippete wrote:
psyCrowe wrote:We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.

I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
That sounds like a forward thinking manager who knows that the duties have got too big which means on busy days, that they are unachievable. The manager is also responsible for his sections budget, so it's good practice to have.
Regardless of the managers intentions I wouldn't leave any Mail unless spefically requested in writing or with witnesses, and I also wouldn't commit to taking a certain amount that I think I can finish, you never know what's going to happen once you leave that delivery office.

What happens if you miss judge the amount you should take and have to bring some back ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Cutting off and leaving tracked.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

South_London_Postie wrote:
postslippete wrote:
psyCrowe wrote:We don't cut off in our office, the manager ask's how long we think we will be over, then ask's us to leave that amount of work.

I tend to leave my last ( worst ) loop along with all recorded's, packet's, tracked, and over-sized for it, unless i feel that's too much, then i'll take some of the over-sized, depending on how the workload is looking.
That sounds like a forward thinking manager who knows that the duties have got too big which means on busy days, that they are unachievable. The manager is also responsible for his sections budget, so it's good practice to have.
Regardless of the managers intentions I wouldn't leave any Mail unless spefically requested in writing or with witnesses, and I also wouldn't commit to taking a certain amount that I think I can finish, you never know what's going to happen once you leave that delivery office.

What happens if you miss judge the amount you should take and have to bring some back ?
The overrunning deliveries procedure covers that. Basically, you arrange a contact time before leaving the office, or you contact the manager as soon as you realise you can't complete, even if you are already on delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.