ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

polling cards

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

polling cards

Post by daveyeff »

also I was arguing with the lino today about the payment. he said he didn't think we should get any extra at all for them!! he said if you took them out and were done in your 8 hour shift time then WHY should you be paid extra? if we don't go over our time you wouldn't be expected to get overtime would you?? so if you hand back as well that means you are not going over your time either, so WHY should we get paid extra?? .... this is the attitude of them. it boils me f***ing piss.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

polling cards

Post by k979aaa »

daveyeff wrote:also I was arguing with the lino today about the payment. he said he didn't think we should get any extra at all for them!! he said if you took them out and were done in your 8 hour shift time then WHY should you be paid extra? if we don't go over our time you wouldn't be expected to get overtime would you?? so if you hand back as well that means you are not going over your time either, so WHY should we get paid extra?? .... this is the attitude of them. it boils me f***ing piss.
Should have shoved them all up his ass!
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

polling cards

Post by trythat »

daveyeff wrote:also I was arguing with the lino today about the payment. he said he didn't think we should get any extra at all for them!! he said if you took them out and were done in your 8 hour shift time then WHY should you be paid extra? if we don't go over our time you wouldn't be expected to get overtime would you?? so if you hand back as well that means you are not going over your time either, so WHY should we get paid extra?? .... this is the attitude of them. it boils me f***ing piss.
So are you still not getting paid for delivering them?
We had ours last week and as we had postal votes on the same day as poll cards, a load of us went over. So like me they booked OT and put in for the poll cards, I just knocked off approx the time it took to just deliver poll cards. I expect to be paid both payments. That is what the agreement says.

If you're still having trouble in your office, I would email 'outdoorsecretary@cwu.org' and get them on it quick, I generally get a reply from Steve Fishwick, who every time I've emailed has been quick with replies and gives good information.

I can't believe that there are DOMS who think they can get away with this sort of crap!
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

polling cards

Post by NWpostie »

Time after time, I still don't get why the managements are still trying to treat us like we are stupid and trying to con us at every turn, this would only aggravate the staff and fire them up for a walk out.
its a classic example of how not to run a business.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.