Firstly, get it on record (with rep in attendance) that you have concerns over the security of the mail. This should at least prompt them to supply you with the correct tools - a means to secure the HCT. It then needs identified as to suitable locations to secure the HCT to. You cannot leave HCT unattended containing mail for more than 10 minutes. It may well be that the duty is planned so that at no point do you have to leave the HCT unattended.Chewster wrote:On the topic of HCT duties, I don't have one single place on the whole duty to secure it too. Not that I have a padlock to secure it anyway...
And also, all duties are not equal so nobody should be saying that some duties do or do not need training, don't be so up yourself. My HCT duty is probably the most complicated (town) round in the office due to frame not being in order and it being in very old part of town with lots of small closes and non numbered houses and new houses being built in totally random places...if it weren't for training and for being from that side of town anyway then I would not have had a clue. But I've done other HCT duties that can be done with your eyes closed
I would certainly be having a conversation about your concerns and having it on record, so that in the event something does happen (which is obviously unlikely), then you cannot be held 100% liable as you have been asked to carry out a job without proper equipment.