ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
UKIP door to doors
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
Sometimes I think we underestimate the public's ability to recognise shite for what it is.
There's no need for us to agonise about what we should or shouldn't deliver.
A great many have lobbed them straight into the bin and some have handed them back to me.
Kind of restores my faith in the public at large.
There's no need for us to agonise about what we should or shouldn't deliver.
A great many have lobbed them straight into the bin and some have handed them back to me.
Kind of restores my faith in the public at large.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: UKIP door to doors
Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: UKIP door to doors
http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/ ... 370776.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
http://www.natural-law-party.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
and more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHwhGUo90jw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; can remember them on "Nationwide" doing this Yogic FlyingTrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/ ... 370776.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
http://www.natural-law-party.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
centenaryman
- Posts: 512
- Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
deristrong wrote:Is that right London Blue Shirts are getting 6p for each? If so, how come?
were getting 5p a leaflet,,,,,,im a floater I did the d2d loops today,,,put in the ukip and im nearly £3 richer LOL wasn't worth the hassle
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
The £3 does add up and for no more real work than usual; its not to be sniffed at.
At least you appear to work in an office where the floaters and reserves are actually considered and given the opportunity to earn a little extra.
At mine, it was left to posties to negotiate with walkholders
And I have just found out that my walkholder has prepped everyone of his UKIP leaflet and delivered most of them. He also had the cheek to ask me to take out what was left and mark them
Floaters and reserves are used very flexibly in my office; even some walkholders do other walks when asked. Anyway, I was meant to be on a leave reserve on one walk this week but it appear things are changing - I am not even aware as it was my day off
At least you appear to work in an office where the floaters and reserves are actually considered and given the opportunity to earn a little extra.
At mine, it was left to posties to negotiate with walkholders
And I have just found out that my walkholder has prepped everyone of his UKIP leaflet and delivered most of them. He also had the cheek to ask me to take out what was left and mark them
Floaters and reserves are used very flexibly in my office; even some walkholders do other walks when asked. Anyway, I was meant to be on a leave reserve on one walk this week but it appear things are changing - I am not even aware as it was my day off
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
So if I like pizza hit and not dominos I can refuse to deliver dominos d2d? Give it a rest and let people make up their own mind.
Be careful though, refusing to deliver can get you temporarily taken off your duty whilst the managers get someone else to do it.
Be careful though, refusing to deliver can get you temporarily taken off your duty whilst the managers get someone else to do it.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
Still hoping for support from floating voters?clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards! 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: UKIP door to doors
Its incorrect - you get paid for every poll card, and every political leaflet addressed or unaddressed and whatever particular stream it comes through.fly-catchers wrote:Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards!
Just as an addition the payment is not coming from Royal Mails budget (or the managers), its coming from the Electoral Comission.
see http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=61604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for confirmation LTbs and agreement etc.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: UKIP door to doors
I don't care what party they are for we live in a democracy and all legitimate political parties deserve to have their say.
Money for delivering them is nice as well.
Money for delivering them is nice as well.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: UKIP door to doors
Teebs covered this.fly-catchers wrote:Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards!
But I have to add where is your Rep. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
We don't have one- and the Rep who does cover our office rarely see. Been in "Methods" 15 weeks now and only seen the rep at the office once!krussel wrote:Teebs covered this.fly-catchers wrote:Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards!
But I have to add where is your Rep. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
Dumpys Rusty Nuts
- Posts: 180
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 21:50
- Gender: Male
Re: UKIP door to doors
Up the workers, George Galloway for president. Im told Cuba is lovely this time of year.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Labour - Left wingDumpys Rusty Nuts wrote: I to will have to deliver a boxload of left wing labour drivel. Just pretend your delivering a urine sample,
But hey, I don't want to get into a political debate![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Ohh thats a good one. So left wing they wanted to part privatise Royal Mail, so left wing they never rescinded any major anti union laws, so left wing they invaded another country without UN approval, so left wing they closed 2,500 Post Offices so left wing the accepted a donation from the multi billionaire Bernie Ecclestone. so left wing that the iconic figure of Tony Blair supports an autocratic monarchy that does not allow freedom of speech or any form of dissention. Still if you think they are left wing you are entitled to your opinion but mine is that they are just a paler version of the Tories.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: UKIP door to doors
Made over a ton doing stuff other folk didn't want to
Yep saw folk putting them in the bin as soon as I gave it to them
....
Some even made a point of ripping them up...
I honestly don't care..as long as I delivered em as I was supposed to.

Yep saw folk putting them in the bin as soon as I gave it to them
....
Some even made a point of ripping them up...
I honestly don't care..as long as I delivered em as I was supposed to.
I won