ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

UKIP door to doors

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by Straight4ward »

Sometimes I think we underestimate the public's ability to recognise shite for what it is.
There's no need for us to agonise about what we should or shouldn't deliver.

A great many have lobbed them straight into the bin and some have handed them back to me.
Kind of restores my faith in the public at large.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by clashcityrocker »

Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/ ... 370776.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.natural-law-party.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
newtimes
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 595
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by newtimes »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/news/vote2001/hi/ ... 370776.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.natural-law-party.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHwhGUo90jw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; can remember them on "Nationwide" doing this Yogic Flying
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by centenaryman »

deristrong wrote:Is that right London Blue Shirts are getting 6p for each? If so, how come?

were getting 5p a leaflet,,,,,,im a floater I did the d2d loops today,,,put in the ukip and im nearly £3 richer LOL wasn't worth the hassle
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by chrisj »

The £3 does add up and for no more real work than usual; its not to be sniffed at.

At least you appear to work in an office where the floaters and reserves are actually considered and given the opportunity to earn a little extra.

At mine, it was left to posties to negotiate with walkholders :crazy:

And I have just found out that my walkholder has prepped everyone of his UKIP leaflet and delivered most of them. He also had the cheek to ask me to take out what was left and mark them :evil/mad

Floaters and reserves are used very flexibly in my office; even some walkholders do other walks when asked. Anyway, I was meant to be on a leave reserve on one walk this week but it appear things are changing - I am not even aware as it was my day off :arrrghhh
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by coxie »

So if I like pizza hit and not dominos I can refuse to deliver dominos d2d? Give it a rest and let people make up their own mind.

Be careful though, refusing to deliver can get you temporarily taken off your duty whilst the managers get someone else to do it.
deristrong
Posts: 195
Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by deristrong »

clashcityrocker wrote:Whatever happened to the Natural Law Party?
Still hoping for support from floating voters?
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by fly-catchers »

Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards! :roll:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fly-catchers wrote:Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards! :roll:
Its incorrect - you get paid for every poll card, and every political leaflet addressed or unaddressed and whatever particular stream it comes through.

Just as an addition the payment is not coming from Royal Mails budget (or the managers), its coming from the Electoral Comission.

see http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=61604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for confirmation LTbs and agreement etc.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by Caniel »

I don't care what party they are for we live in a democracy and all legitimate political parties deserve to have their say.

Money for delivering them is nice as well.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by krussel »

fly-catchers wrote:Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards! :roll:
Teebs covered this.

But I have to add where is your Rep. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by fly-catchers »

krussel wrote:
fly-catchers wrote:Been told we are not getting paid to deliver the UKIP leaflets- is that correct? Still waiting payment for the polling cards! :roll:
Teebs covered this.

But I have to add where is your Rep. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have one- and the Rep who does cover our office rarely see. Been in "Methods" 15 weeks now and only seen the rep at the office once!
Dumpys Rusty Nuts
Posts: 180
Joined: 15 May 2011, 21:50
Gender: Male

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by Dumpys Rusty Nuts »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Dumpys Rusty Nuts wrote: I to will have to deliver a boxload of left wing labour drivel. Just pretend your delivering a urine sample,
But hey, I don't want to get into a political debate
Labour - Left wing :left: :left: :left: :left: :left: Ohh thats a good one. So left wing they wanted to part privatise Royal Mail, so left wing they never rescinded any major anti union laws, so left wing they invaded another country without UN approval, so left wing they closed 2,500 Post Offices so left wing the accepted a donation from the multi billionaire Bernie Ecclestone. so left wing that the iconic figure of Tony Blair supports an autocratic monarchy that does not allow freedom of speech or any form of dissention. Still if you think they are left wing you are entitled to your opinion but mine is that they are just a paler version of the Tories.
Up the workers, George Galloway for president. Im told Cuba is lovely this time of year. :crazy:
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: UKIP door to doors

Post by spiderj »

Made over a ton doing stuff other folk didn't want to
Yep saw folk putting them in the bin as soon as I gave it to them
....
Some even made a point of ripping them up...
I honestly don't care..as long as I delivered em as I was supposed to.
:cuppa
I won