ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail Shares

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Royal Mail Shares

Post by k979aaa »

chrisj wrote:??? :cuppa
Guess your rich then or another jerk of a manager! :cuppa
Last edited by TrueBlueTerrier on 30 Sep 2013, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Warning issued - please read the rules
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Royal Mail Shares

Post by Shambles »

:whistle I'm forever blowing bubbles PREEEEETTTTY BUBBLES IN THE AIR.... :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Royal Mail Shares

Post by Shambles »

Whhhoooopsey Daisssssy.... :left:

Apologies room, I'm having a musical flashback... :oops:
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Shares

Post by chrisj »

k979aaa wrote:
chrisj wrote:??? :cuppa
Guess your rich then or another jerk of a manager! :cuppa
There is no need to get personal just because someone has a different point of view...

I tried really hard not to take your bait and tried to stick with the thread - about Royal Mail Shares.

The inequalities of this world and the haves and haves-not is a completely different issue. Even the strike ballot is not what I am discussing.

If you want to opt out of the shares then you can go ahead. It will make absolutely no difference to what happens to the majority. Even if we went out on a Strike, we shall still get Free Shares and the subsequent dividends.

On the second thought, I will advice (rare) you not to 'Opt Out' but to donate your dividends and when you finally sell the shares to CHARITY. That way, you can still satisfy your principles and not giving free money back to RM & its shareholders.

* Read what TBT said about having a healthy debate. We know where you stand but you should not try and bully others into your point of view - we are in a democracy.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail Shares

Post by RobertT »

fishtank wrote:Anyway what kind of union invests directly in the feckin stock market? :cuppa
Not heard of T U Fund Managers then?
http://www.tufm.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had some money invested through them a few years ago and did very nicely aswell. :cuppa
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: Royal Mail Shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

RobertT wrote:
fishtank wrote:Anyway what kind of union invests directly in the feckin stock market? :cuppa
Not heard of T U Fund Managers then?
http://www.tufm.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had some money invested through them a few years ago and did very nicely aswell. :cuppa
Also in this years tuc conference unite and unison talked about there investments in the ftse. Everyone has to make money these days..