ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annoying work colleagues

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by maisymoo04 »

llcoolh wrote:People who think they are superior just because they have been long in the job. ARROGANTS!!
:nervous :nervous :dance
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by dvbuk55 »

I find that it is best to tell your colleagues the truth - that annoys them no end, mostly you need to be brutally honest - blowing smoke up their backside only ensures they are totally insufferable. As for being superior because of long service, no not me, I was superior before I became a postman :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by maisymoo04 »

I no I hate the bell ends av been here longer then you , haven't even got a shine on ye pants yet :d'oh! :chuckle :arrrghhh
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by maisymoo04 »

Also have some nob iv u touch the radio or turn it over shouts haven't been here long enough to touch that ????????? :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh doesnt say it to me I just laff at him :left: :left:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by k979aaa »

maisymoo04 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
maisymoo04 wrote:The sad thing is with me I go out drinking with mine :chuckle
HE/SHE cannot be that annoying then can they.
K9 that's just it mate I have no other mates so I have to go out with the people i work with :chuckle
Just as long they don't manage you or us all I cannot and will not for those who will not do what I do for all they know is their bonus culture!.
kilrenny
Posts: 61
Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 19:23
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by kilrenny »

telling tales to the dom.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by krussel »

mandelsons_toenail wrote:The strike breakers

Funny enough the guy that breaks my head scabbed on the last strike :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
2pints
Posts: 286
Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by 2pints »

Two faced bastards who inform the dom of everything.Snakes in the grass.I am working with one now.All he does is talk about himself and how fantastic he is.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by Barbel »

postypie wrote:The ones who never make tea.
You get time for tea?
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by Barbel »

The ones who are obsessed with finishing early, it's like a competition with a lot of them. I got taken off a job after 2 days, which I should have been on for 2 weeks, because one day we finished at 12.40 and the next day, a Wednesday, we finished at 1.45. He obviously wasn't very happy and moaned to the DOM so I got taken off it. Nice as pie to my face though.
SierraOscarBravo
Posts: 156
Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by SierraOscarBravo »

Barbel wrote:The ones who are obsessed with finishing early, it's like a competition with a lot of them. I got taken off a job after 2 days, which I should have been on for 2 weeks, because one day we finished at 12.40 and the next day, a Wednesday, we finished at 1.45. He obviously wasn't very happy and moaned to the DOM so I got taken off it. Nice as pie to my face though.
Some of them act like something possessed the way they run around like, as you say, it is a competition to see who can get back first. What time were you due off on both of those days? If you were finished within your time, then you should not have been moved.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by Barbel »

SierraOscarBravo wrote:
Barbel wrote:The ones who are obsessed with finishing early, it's like a competition with a lot of them. I got taken off a job after 2 days, which I should have been on for 2 weeks, because one day we finished at 12.40 and the next day, a Wednesday, we finished at 1.45. He obviously wasn't very happy and moaned to the DOM so I got taken off it. Nice as pie to my face though.
Some of them act like something possessed the way they run around like, as you say, it is a competition to see who can get back first. What time were you due off on both of those days? If you were finished within your time, then you should not have been moved.

I was due to finish at 2 and so was he. Another one of my colleagues who also worked with him told me they finished at 11.45 one day, when she commented on how early it was his reply was 'I consider this late.' I also get the impression most of the men, especially the long timers don't like working with women.
SierraOscarBravo
Posts: 156
Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 22:13
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by SierraOscarBravo »

Barbel wrote:
SierraOscarBravo wrote:
Barbel wrote:The ones who are obsessed with finishing early, it's like a competition with a lot of them. I got taken off a job after 2 days, which I should have been on for 2 weeks, because one day we finished at 12.40 and the next day, a Wednesday, we finished at 1.45. He obviously wasn't very happy and moaned to the DOM so I got taken off it. Nice as pie to my face though.
Some of them act like something possessed the way they run around like, as you say, it is a competition to see who can get back first. What time were you due off on both of those days? If you were finished within your time, then you should not have been moved.

I was due to finish at 2 and so was he. Another one of my colleagues who also worked with him told me they finished at 11.45 one day, when she commented on how early it was his reply was 'I consider this late.' I also get the impression most of the men, especially the long timers don't like working with women.
So you got moved because he threw his toys out of the pram about not finishing 2 hours early. Sounds about right! We have a few more women in our office now than when I first started and personally, I have found the women I have worked with to be really good.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by Barbel »

SierraOscarBravo wrote:
Barbel wrote:
SierraOscarBravo wrote:
Barbel wrote:The ones who are obsessed with finishing early, it's like a competition with a lot of them. I got taken off a job after 2 days, which I should have been on for 2 weeks, because one day we finished at 12.40 and the next day, a Wednesday, we finished at 1.45. He obviously wasn't very happy and moaned to the DOM so I got taken off it. Nice as pie to my face though.
Some of them act like something possessed the way they run around like, as you say, it is a competition to see who can get back first. What time were you due off on both of those days? If you were finished within your time, then you should not have been moved.

I was due to finish at 2 and so was he. Another one of my colleagues who also worked with him told me they finished at 11.45 one day, when she commented on how early it was his reply was 'I consider this late.' I also get the impression most of the men, especially the long timers don't like working with women.
So you got moved because he threw his toys out of the pram about not finishing 2 hours early. Sounds about right! We have a few more women in our office now than when I first started and personally, I have found the women I have worked with to be really good.
Yes that's right, should have been on that particular round for 2 weeks but was taken off after 2 days because he moaned. I've noticed as well a lot of those that rush around aren't necessarily doing a good job. The amount of times, when I've covered someone's day off or they've covered mine, I've had people have come running out with a letter that was wrongly delivered the day before. Seems to be a lot of men like that there, rush rush rush and does a sloppy job, where as women tend to be a bit slower and more thorough, a bit like sex I suppose. :cuppa
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying work colleagues

Post by dvbuk55 »

Barbel wrote:. Seems to be a lot of men like that there, rush rush rush and does a sloppy job, where as women tend to be a bit slower and more thorough, a bit like sex I suppose. :cuppa
:hmmmm I suppose that's the reason those plastic thingys were invented then women can just go at their own pace without bothering blokes who have better things to do like watching football, playing darts, having a pint with their pals, surfing the internet :oops: