Do you know I was thinking the same thing - there just isn't the female input anymore, and when I say inputDGP1 wrote:You're going to get us sent back into the naughty room when we've been so good recentlydvbuk55 wrote:I was a little bit, it was really chilly in the back being deshabille.DGP1 wrote:YOU weren't that annoyeddvbuk55 wrote:Was he annoyed DG?DGP1 wrote:
I remember driving these, wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning (always 1st gear for going up any hill) and the back door locks where a bit dodgy (remember the lock sticking at the beginning of the duty, couldn't get at the male).
![]()
![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
That's not nice, I mean Postman has the boobs but not the 'other' bitsdvbuk55 wrote:Do you know I was thinking the same thing - there just isn't the female input anymore, and when I say inputDGP1 wrote:You're going to get us sent back into the naughty room when we've been so good recentlydvbuk55 wrote:I was a little bit, it was really chilly in the back being deshabille.DGP1 wrote:YOU weren't that annoyeddvbuk55 wrote:Was he annoyed DG?DGP1 wrote:
I remember driving these, wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning (always 1st gear for going up any hill) and the back door locks where a bit dodgy (remember the lock sticking at the beginning of the duty, couldn't get at the male).
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
Save me a place by the window - you know what I meanDGP1 wrote:That's not nice, I mean Postman has the boobs but not the 'other' bitsdvbuk55 wrote:Do you know I was thinking the same thing - there just isn't the female input anymore, and when I say inputDGP1 wrote:You're going to get us sent back into the naughty room when we've been so good recentlydvbuk55 wrote:I was a little bit, it was really chilly in the back being deshabille.DGP1 wrote:YOU weren't that annoyeddvbuk55 wrote:Was he annoyed DG?DGP1 wrote:
I remember driving these, wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning (always 1st gear for going up any hill) and the back door locks where a bit dodgy (remember the lock sticking at the beginning of the duty, couldn't get at the male).
![]()
![]()
![]()
I feel my place in the naughty room coming soon
![]()
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
the one with big windowsbringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?

good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
Rare pic of Billy Hayes back in the delivery days...


good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
Ford courier van is CDV. From a Ford Fiesta.bringon4dayweeks wrote:the one with big windowsbringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
fishtank wrote:Rare pic of Billy Hayes back in the delivery days...
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
Is that from your personal collection of RM vehicles through the ages ftfishtank wrote:bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
same headlights and bonnet thats itUnhappyGremlin wrote:Ford courier van is CDV. From a Ford Fiesta.bringon4dayweeks wrote:the one with big windowsbringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
Yes. That is what a Car Derived Van is. A van, where the base design was a car. Same wheelbase etc. Instead of rear seats and a boot, they stick a load space on, though it's more technical than that obviously.bringon4dayweeks wrote:same headlights and bonnet thats itUnhappyGremlin wrote:Ford courier van is CDV. From a Ford Fiesta.bringon4dayweeks wrote:the one with big windowsbringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
L
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
-
Zootsuit
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
- Gender: Male
Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster
I looked at the lex autolease site and they talk about all sorts of companies, public and non public, that they have contracts with. For some reason they don't mention Royal Mail which seems strange. They also mention a fleet of 22,000 vehicles which is odd as Royal Mail has about 30,000 all by itself. Notwithstanding that though, it also says that they help in choosing the right vehicles for how they are going to be used..........so how accurate would the description of the delivery van's role and usage have been?dvbuk55 wrote:Well I don't know how many are leased but I do know there is a bit of a row about the problem and the leasing company say they are not responsible for ensuring the suitability of the vehicle for there not to be a problem. At the moment the vehicles we've had go down have been fixed by RM mechanics and the duties they are used for have been changed to ensure that there is a reasonable mileage used.
Anyway, from dvbuk55's post it looks like the problem is at least being addressed somewhere in a pragmatic way. Apparently the filter has to regenerated about every 180 miles so it shouldn't be too difficult to rotate the duties the vans are on to make sure they all get a decent run every now and again. Keep those vauxhall combi's going, no such problems with them (and they seem to have as much space in the back if not more than the new ones, odd really as the new ones seem to look quite a bit bigger).
