ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Image
I remember driving these, wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning (always 1st gear for going up any hill) and the back door locks where a bit dodgy (remember the lock sticking at the beginning of the duty, couldn't get at the male :chuckle ).
Was he annoyed DG?
YOU weren't that annoyed :wink:
I was a little bit, it was really chilly in the back being deshabille.
You're going to get us sent back into the naughty room when we've been so good recently :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do you know I was thinking the same thing - there just isn't the female input anymore, and when I say input :oops:
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Image
I remember driving these, wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning (always 1st gear for going up any hill) and the back door locks where a bit dodgy (remember the lock sticking at the beginning of the duty, couldn't get at the male :chuckle ).
Was he annoyed DG?
YOU weren't that annoyed :wink:
I was a little bit, it was really chilly in the back being deshabille.
You're going to get us sent back into the naughty room when we've been so good recently :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do you know I was thinking the same thing - there just isn't the female input anymore, and when I say input :oops:
That's not nice, I mean Postman has the boobs but not the 'other' bits :wink: I feel my place in the naughty room coming soon :nervous :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Image
I remember driving these, wouldn't pull you out of bed in the morning (always 1st gear for going up any hill) and the back door locks where a bit dodgy (remember the lock sticking at the beginning of the duty, couldn't get at the male :chuckle ).
Was he annoyed DG?
YOU weren't that annoyed :wink:
I was a little bit, it was really chilly in the back being deshabille.
You're going to get us sent back into the naughty room when we've been so good recently :nervous :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do you know I was thinking the same thing - there just isn't the female input anymore, and when I say input :oops:
That's not nice, I mean Postman has the boobs but not the 'other' bits :wink: I feel my place in the naughty room coming soon :nervous :chuckle
Save me a place by the window - you know what I mean :whistle
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by arnold cheshire »

can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by arnold cheshire »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
the one with big windows
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by fishtank »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by fishtank »

Rare pic of Billy Hayes back in the delivery days...

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

:shock: :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
the one with big windows
Ford courier van is CDV. From a Ford Fiesta.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:Rare pic of Billy Hayes back in the delivery days...

Image
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
Image
Is that from your personal collection of RM vehicles through the ages ft :whistle
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by arnold cheshire »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
the one with big windows
Ford courier van is CDV. From a Ford Fiesta.
same headlights and bonnet thats it :thumbup
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:
bringon4dayweeks wrote:can someone post a pic of the ford courier van please ?
the one with big windows
Ford courier van is CDV. From a Ford Fiesta.
same headlights and bonnet thats it :thumbup
Yes. That is what a Car Derived Van is. A van, where the base design was a car. Same wheelbase etc. Instead of rear seats and a boot, they stick a load space on, though it's more technical than that obviously.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by 97gaz »

L
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 01:19, edited 1 time in total.
Zootsuit
Posts: 92
Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
Gender: Male

Re: New diesel engined vans - a potential financial disaster

Post by Zootsuit »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well I don't know how many are leased but I do know there is a bit of a row about the problem and the leasing company say they are not responsible for ensuring the suitability of the vehicle for there not to be a problem. At the moment the vehicles we've had go down have been fixed by RM mechanics and the duties they are used for have been changed to ensure that there is a reasonable mileage used.
I looked at the lex autolease site and they talk about all sorts of companies, public and non public, that they have contracts with. For some reason they don't mention Royal Mail which seems strange. They also mention a fleet of 22,000 vehicles which is odd as Royal Mail has about 30,000 all by itself. Notwithstanding that though, it also says that they help in choosing the right vehicles for how they are going to be used..........so how accurate would the description of the delivery van's role and usage have been?

Anyway, from dvbuk55's post it looks like the problem is at least being addressed somewhere in a pragmatic way. Apparently the filter has to regenerated about every 180 miles so it shouldn't be too difficult to rotate the duties the vans are on to make sure they all get a decent run every now and again. Keep those vauxhall combi's going, no such problems with them (and they seem to have as much space in the back if not more than the new ones, odd really as the new ones seem to look quite a bit bigger).